oil leak

JensonLEi

Follow the trail of oil see where it leads use a mirror to help you see into tight places. if you could smell burning then I don't think it would be a leak from the bottom of the engine as that would just drip onto the floor, for it to burn it would have to leak from higher up and drip onto a hot part of the engine. check inside the air filter for oil as the breather pipes all go into that.

Follow the trail of oil see where it leads use a mirror to help you see into tight places. if you could smell burning then I don't think it would be a leak from the bottom of the engine as that would just drip onto the floor, for it to burn it would have to leak from higher up and drip onto a hot part of the engine. check inside the air filter for oil as the breather pipes all go into that.

Cheers dude, i noticed it 6 miles from home and drove without fault all the way back... it seems to be leaking from here?

386734_10151384747670450_1982767588_n_zps6ab8d45e.jpg

It is, if its leaking engine oil from there you have big problems!

The EGR valve can get clogged with crap, so if its blocked an oily goo may be getting forced out - whip it off and clean it, there is a guide in the 'how to' section.

Is that an actual photo of your car? It doesn't look very oily?

Edited by Defcon5

EGR shouldn't have oil in it, all it does is suck hot gas out the exhaust and pump it back into the cylinders, its suppose to cool the engine and cut down hydrocarbon emissions. I would think if oils dripping from there then its leaking from the rocker cover then flowing down onto the EGR. Check the gasket round the rocker cover if it is leaking from there its an easy fix just buy another gasket and fit it.

if it does have oil in the EGR then I think it means the cylinders have oil in them you should see black or blue smoke blowing out the exhaust if that's the case.