Timing belt and service items-recommendations please

cameroon95

Hi guys,

Im looking to freshen up the gfs lupo in the new year. Can you let me know which kind I need and where the cheapest is for a 2004 lupo 1.4s

Timing belt- where is the best place to get this and the water pump?

Oil- which kind?

Spark Plugs-again which kind?

Rear brake disks and pads aswell.

Many many thanks guys

cam

Thanks fatel,

what type of oil though 3w,4w?

Regarding timing belt and washer I would like this item to be as cheap as quality allows as she doesnt make too much money

I think 5w 30/40 but someone may correct me, that's what I've always had in my 1.0

As for the tensioners it's best to replace it all yeah, no point doing all that work to have the tensioner fail 5 months down the line, pay cheap and you pay twice. For such an essential part I would say spend the extra on genuine parts and then you won't have to worry for another few years :)

yeah 5w 30 fully sym is the oil grade

the cambelt kit comes with all new tensioners and cheap cambelts and waters pumps is not a good idea if the water pump leaks means you got to take it all back off again which is a pain. think i payed £100 for the cambelt and waterpump when i did mine after taking the engine out

Fone around and get quotes on cambelt and full service deal a good garage done mines for 220 quid as for oil buy part synthetic if u have high miles as fully sythetic lets old parts run to freely and that can cause parts to break . I never got my water pump changed and it still going strong dont spend money u dont need to spend : )

• 3 weeks later...

with lupomadness on this. It's really not that necessary to change the water pump and cam belt at the same time. Just a convenience thing for most. Up to you in the end though. I didn't with my last cam belt change but my water pump will probably leak tonight now :)

Edited by Skezza