New(ish) member - Lupo GTI

Raven

Hi guys

I've bought back my old Lupo GTI, raven blue. I had her 2+ years ago and missed ownership so much. I'm not totally new to the site, as been a member on here for a while now on another username, but at least this username is more apt to my car.

Ok, she is standard enginewise, but I'm really hoping for a bam 20vt to drop in her and also trying to source some leather seats too. I really do need so advice for a 20vt conversion - is it a relatively easy job and which companies would do it?

My other dubs are Mk2 Golfs: oak green 16V 3-door, pretty much standard and a G60 in brilliant black metallic with a nice 20vt running 270 bhp.

Anyway my Lupo...

lupo003.jpg

lupo004.jpg

lupo001.jpg

• Like 1

Brakes are binding, one of the tyres is illegal, rear brake light not working and as the front tyre are scrubbing; they said that's also a fail as its too low lol. They're having to up the ride hight to get it a pass. Oh, when I got the car the alternator had already died. Previous owner thought it was just a dead battery so he's very kindly refunded me the cost of a new one - top bloke.

I'm already thinking of a 20VT conversion now. I've seen some good BAM engines up for around the grand mark. How much would it cost for someone to install one? I know it's not as straight forward a conversion as for mk2 Golfs :glare:

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, so she is now legal and on the road MOT was a killa at £325; but she done now for another 12 months. I've given the th monos a good clean up, well after 3 hours of removing brake dust. Then I managed to get a new set of polished th monos, same size so need to pick these up soon. Car drives amazingly and I'm so pleased to have her back.