MOT refused twice due to lowness, anti-rol bar snapped!

Hi all,

So I wasted the whole of Saturday trying to find a garage that would MOT my lupo, every other year it's been fine but this year it seems that everywhere has new taller jacks!

The result of the day is that i now know i at least need to replace my anti-roll bar before the next MOT.

I found one on ebay, it's ~£15 for a used one and it's the front, am i right in thinking that the lupo only has a front anti-roll bar ? also I think eurocarparts do them for around the same price but new, which i guess would be better ?

After i replace the ARB i will then find/buy a c spanner and unlower it!

Any one else had problems this year with your low lupo's this years and the MOT ?

I found one on ebay, it's ~£15 for a used one and it's the front, am i right in thinking that the lupo only has a front anti-roll bar ?

Yup there are rear ARBs but they're aftermarket they don't come as standard.

Find a ETB they have low ramps you can drive flat onto!

Raising it up and then throwing it back down would be an option if there isn't one local, or just find a mate in a garage and lift the car onto the ramps if necessary? VW did that for me.

I guess snapping my ARB might be an indication it's a little too low !

Haha yeah i plan on lifting it a little, probably only for MOT, although it would be nice to park half up on curbs ;)

Thanks guys for the posts, I just find it strange it's been fine passing MOT and getting jacked up every other year up until now !

I guess I'll buy (and from what i can tell easily fit) a new ARB, lift it and run it through the MOT again :D at least i'm on coil overs ... even if they have been greased i can see it being a fun job lifting them after so many years :D