Lupo gti electric window trouble

I was wondering if someone could please elaborate on a brief conversation I had recently...

2/3 months back the drains under the bonnet were blocked so all water from heavy rain 1 day leaked from under the dash into the passenger footwell, since this happened my windows have been playing up sometimes they work sometimes they don't, after I had a recent conversation I was lead to believe this could be connected to the leaking water and something underneath the floor of the passenger footwell...could this be right?

don't kno much bout this sort of problem n any advice would b greatly appreciated :)

I don't thing there is anything electrical under the carpets. Not sure where the BC module is on a Lupo though, I would have thought its under the dash somewhere.

The window switches breaking is common though, so it may just be a coincidence

So glad to hear that thank u :) took it to my local garage he had a look n said both motors had gone n would be £400 to fix them, I thought it was strange they'd both gone at the same time n at the time couldn't afford to sort it...but since then the passenger window now works fine but the drivers side is still temprimental and works as n when it wants :-/

buy another set of switches or politely ask another forum member who is near you to swap switches for a trial to see if it is the fault and if so job done, you know what to do but motors etc for £400!!!! are they gold plated for that! more like £200 if its for brand new items and fitting as it takes 30 mins max for 1 side. but as you say both motors going at the same time is weird and the only electrical thing in the footwell is the sensor for the passenger airbag, but wouldn;t thought this would make a difference.

Thanks rich...can't believe I didn't know this sooner I've struggled all summer with no windows hardly lol, once the windows go down I have no trouble with them going up at all it's just getting them down that's the problem