Oscar - The Colourful Lupo

charlie_kmb

saw your car a few weeks ago in enderby :) looks tidy :)

agree with you there drew! not seen osc in a while though :(! my cars poorly too and out of action :( Webb will be back asap!

On Saturday 22nd we did his service and new clutch was fitted. The service included;

Oil filter

Air filter

Cabin filter

Fuel filter

New oil

Spark plugs

Gearbox selector seal

Temp sensor

And a new clutch kit.

All was fitted and everything was running perfectly for three days. We then fitted the thermostat and new housing on Christmas Eve. We fitted that and everything was fitted fine. We came to start the car and it wouldn't start. It was turning over but not firing. We have checked all plugs are in correctly, everything was fine... From what we can see. We have put a new distributor cap on as the old one was cracked. All spark plugs are obviously new and all sparking well. Fuel is definitely getting through, as we can smell it.

We are completely stumped. Don't know where to go next!!

-----------------------

So we have found out that the cambelt has snapped :'( engine rebuilding happening on Sunday. Wish me luck please people xx

I thought when I read your post yesterday about it sounding rough then cutting out 'I bet myself a tenner it's the cam belt', didn't wanna say owt as usually when I start saying worst case scenarios they almost always happen!

• Like 1

This will make you laugh...... Oscar's cambelt hasn't snapped. The distributor cap was broken, even though we replaced it this morning. RAC guy got Oscar running and we have driven him home. This car has a mind of its own. Dec is taking it into work tomorrow as the cambelt is not well, it's just too loose for our liking. Fingers are still crossed that Osc is going to be okay!

How the hell havent i saw this then lol. i use to live in groby on ash court. ive got a mk2 polo saloon at the mo

My mum and dad use to live on ash court, number 8! LOL I live on lime avenue!!! Small world :P

**** the bed I used to live at 25 how did I not see this haha, wait a minute, have you got a few Vws on your drive?

Lol! Yes we have 7 cars :P. my lupo, two corrado g60's (1 is white and 1 is black) two classic minis (1 is blue and 1 is green) Audi a3 in white and an Audi tt in silver :) quite a fun household ;)