Next mod after mapping?

LUPILU

Basically, i got my 1.4TDI lupo mapped by revo a few days ago.

I am in the process of changing over/cleaning my MAF sensor which was running 'low' at the point of mapping.

I was wondering what the next good/cheapish mod would be to carry out (im more the fan of 'wolf in a sheep clothing' even though it will still be a sheep after every mod known to man!)

I have heard of cheap mods such as

EGR Delete

Cold air feed + new panel filter

But would they make any noticeable difference? Or are they worth it?

How easy is it to change the jets over, could you put some old PD115 jets on my PD75 engine and would it run fine(faster??) or would it smoke and then need tunning again?

Or what about a larger turbo such as a PD115 or PD130 i mean do they fit? or would cause any problems? Also due to limited space, how much would a garage charge to fit a second hand turbo?

Im not a fan of touching the exhaust, again that loud diesel sound doesn't do it for me, and they are around £160 which i think is stupid given you can get a second hand turbo for not to much more than that?

Cheers again!

You may as well do the EGR delete - may not add power but will prevent problems with it in the future.

You should do the mods before you map it! Thats the whole idea

Does it still have the original suspension and brakes?

You can get resonated exhaust systems which will be quiet and increase performance.

If you don't want to change the entire exhaust then the next biggest gain you'll get easily is to remove the exhaust particulate filter (it looks like a catalytic converter) this will help your turbo spool up a bit quicker.

Yeah i may consider a EPF removal do you have any idea how much that would cost for someone to do, again i dont have the space to do it :surprised:

Not much, they'd just cut the EPF out and weld in a piece of pipe. Probably less than an hours work.

Take it to your local exhaust place, they'll give you a quote.

Yeah that's true, thanks mate

It's a shame you didn't do the mods before the map. That way the remap will take into account these changes and produce optimum performance. You should really be thinking about mapping it again after you do your bolt on mods.

That depends massively on whether it's a custom map or a generic map.

If it's a generic map it'll only make the map more effective. If it's a custom map it'll need done again.

While this is true if it's a static remap it's done on spark advance anyway so the mods will only increase power :)

Basically the point before the piston reaches top dead centre on the power stroke, that the spark plug sparks igniting the fuel. This is set at a certain amount degrees by the manufactures, by playing with this setting you can increase power! (On my loop the map increased my engine power by 20bhp)

Just like advancing/retarding the spark on a dizzy by twisting it ;)

Really surprised that boost is controlled by the ECU all my turbo have had to be done on the actuator :s but these were also petrols lol