ECU swap...

Huzey

what is the difference between the 60bhp (i think) 1400 Arosa engine.. and the 75bhp 1400 lupo engine?!

is it just the ECU - or are there a few more differences? - its cable btw :)

ah right, i thought the loop was 8v too.... i knew they were 75 and 100 - but thought it was the 8v, and 16v... and i ovbiously know the difference between an 8 and 16v.... :rolleyes::lol:

just always thought the 1400 (8v) was 60 and 75 :)

1.4 75bhp is a DOHC 16V, and it never came in the Arosa.

1.4 60bhp is a SOHC 8v and was never used in the Lupo in the UK, it might have been available on the continent though as the Lupo owners manual makes reference that engine in the "Technical Data" booklet.

• 3 weeks later...

I am about to put the said 60bhp 8v engine in the loop, 75bhp one almost dead and ive got the 8v sitting there doing nothing from my 6n2. nearly won a polo gti full conversion but lost it by £10. thing is its exactly the same amount of work to gti it than go backwards to 60 bhp.

The 60 bhp ones though are good engines reliable and quote torquey I loved my 1.4 8v ml3 golf ;)

Its our lasses car anyway, Ill stick to my 6n2 :yes: she will be happy its running smooth and not supping a gallon of oil a month lol

• 3 weeks later...

they do a 16 v arosa in fact the 1.4 16v sport arosa is 100 BHP . remmeber there the same car except lupos cost more . remmeber the arosa sport was just as fast as the lupo but slightly lighter therefore quicker from standard

Edited by 1litrePWER

how is the arosa lighter?

I would imagine the Mk1 Arosa is a bit lighter. Plus did they have the same levels of standard kit? PAS, ABS, electric windows, all adds weight.

I would imagine the 98bhp/100bhp is due to one misquoting the power output in PS as 100PS is 98bhp

well my mk1 arosa 1 litre has a airbag in the steering wheels , pas ,abs, electric windows and electronically adjustable front lights. Ive beaten a 1.4 lupo off the lights in mine but thats just due to my driving style and heavy foot :P

well my mk1 arosa 1 litre has a airbag in the steering wheels , pas ,abs, electric windows and electronically adjustable front lights. Ive beaten a 1.4 lupo off the lights in mine but thats just due to my driving style and heavy foot :P

And possibly the 95 year old pensioner driving the loop :tongueout:

drag racing pensioners that arnt trying dont count lol.

Electronically adjustable front lights eh? Impressive.

Ill drop Ron Dennis an email regarding your epic driving skills too :swerve:

And possibly the 95 year old pensioner driving the loop :tongueout:

drag racing pensioners that arnt trying dont count lol.

:L

Electronically adjustable front lights eh? Impressive.

i thought the headlights was standard equipment ????