Joe's Black Arosa - Funny Suspension

gatesy0093

Well no they did, since I was working I gave them my dads number and told him to say yes to anything within reason haha. Owell, its been Christmas so that was my cars present! Hopefully it will return the favor with a good few more years :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks:) Trust me it's far from how I want it to be, but between work and winter I haven't had the time to go full out on it with my Christmas presents :P

I haven't yet but i will get one when the weather is nicer :)

• Like 1

What's the easiest way to take the front left caliper off and give it a good clean down?

The reason being is the inside brake pad is sticking (again) and I don't fancy paying for another set of discs and pads in the space of 4 months.

Cheers guys :)

Thanks for the guide James, although I now think it isn't the brakes, as after driving they aren't near hot enough to suggest that they are sticking, plus this scraping/ knocking noise isn't constant :/ It only seems to happen when going right, and the sound varies depending on how fast you go so at the moment I'm assuming driveshaft? something like that, does this sound familiar to anyone?

Cheers, Joe

• 2 weeks later...

Still haven't got this scraping / grinding noise sorted out but that's mainly me being too lazy :/

Well anyway, after all this snow business, Cumbria finally thought it would join in :)

DSCF4503_zpsccb210f2.jpg
DSCF4504_zpsb8f4db67.jpg

And a little video, not the best one though! (Don't know how to get videos of photobucket)

http://s1151.beta.photobucket.com/user/gatesy0093/media/DSCF4507_zps0e189e68.mp4.html?sort=3&o=0

Edited by gatesy0093

• 1 month later...

Well after not being on for a while I thought I should revive some life back into this haha. Not much happening but I did get some good news in that the grinding noise has stopped, haven't heard it in ages so I assume that it was just a stone as cold, hard frosty weather and rough farm tracks must of dislodged it from somewhere. Also, the 1 litre beast has been allowed its first polish of the year :D Didn't have time to get the wax out but it shall happen soon :) Pics to follow as soon as my internet speed picks up and makes it worth while :/

Joe

Edited by gatesy0093

• 4 weeks later...

Well I still haven't done much to the Arosa, but Easter Friday gave me a chance to give a good clean, its first wax of the year and some very blue pictures :)

Finally used my Christmas present.
IMG_0128_zpsa8129d5a.jpg
IMG_0122_zps035bd36d.jpg

Blue!
IMG_0124_zps78efc363.jpg
IMG_0123_zps3194df3f.jpg

IMG_0127_zpsbc66e77d.jpg
IMG_0126_zps791ae552.jpg

Reflective
IMG_0125_zpsd851f6ce.jpg

And some from my girlfriends house :)
IMG_0162_zpse6e38fe1.jpg
IMG_0160_zps270a8fb7.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Right so just done a little service with some lovely castrol magnatec, oil filter and air filter, this is the old one after 1 year (Pics don't show how bad it actually is)
IMG_0205_zps3dab59b4.jpg

IMG_0204_zpsf8e24a6f.jpg

so basically all i have left to do is the fuel filter which after going through my service book im pretty sure it hasnt been shanged in the last 14 years haha, anyway, i was just wondering where it is and how to get to it? is it straight forward to do?

Cheers guys!

Right so I've finally decided to get round to taking this Sportex exhaust vid haha!

It's a luke warm start and you'll have to excuse the poor video quality, don't have the best camera in the world unfortunately :(

Just a heads up, the video doesn't do the exhaust any justice and it sounds sooo much nicer after a hot start or good drive, it just makes everything burble so much more and a lot nicer!! This is also with a standard paper air filter aswell..

http://s1151.photobucket.com/user/gatesy0093/media/DSCF4509_zpsbb2ec9f2.mp4.html

(Sorry for the link, I don't know how to get vids on here from photobucket, is it just the same as pics?)

Also any tips on changing this fuel filter, much appreciated :)

Joe.

• 2 weeks later...

Nout much has happened recently other than taking a couple of pics for the sake of taking them :P although they're only iPod quality...

IMG_0209_zps0a4ca395.jpg

IMG_0216_zps701ae9d4.jpg

If anyone if going to the Fast Lane Show in Hexham give me a shout, me and my girlfriend are going for the day since my granddads entered his TVR so there will be plenty of pics from that.

Also, can anyone do a quick Photoshop of my car lowered by 60mm? Here's some pics :)

IMG_0123_zps3194df3f.jpg

IMG_0210_zpsef6859a9.jpg

Cheers, Joe

Cheers pal :D The filter for the Mk1's is in the top left of the engine in the large box with a dome kind of shape in the middle. There's about 8 screws you need to take out. And make sure to buy the round filter like the one in one of the pics above :)