Alvin the oem+ Arosa

Tobs23

hi all,

been meaning to do one of these posts about my little arosa for a while but just not had the time. but eventually got round to it lol. so here it is :)

it is a 2002 1.0 not even an s haha

media.jpg

couldnt cope with the standard steelies so first on the list was a set of alloys. wanted originals for it because of the insurance complications with aftermarket ones.

DSC_0040.jpg

along with the new alloys i decided to add abit of colour by doing the calipers

DSC_0031.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

after about 6 months. then got bored again and decided to make another modification lol. took it to a small garage where they fitted me a nice new shiney 2" stainless exhaust system.

DSC_0167.jpg

DSC_0168.jpg

been like that for the last year appart from new seat covers and new radio and CD auto changer. until 2 weeks ago whenn i decided to do the wheels. soo did some research and found out that getting them powdercoated was an expensive job. so i did them myself :) soooo happy with them now

DSC_0322.jpg

before i started on the wheels

DSC_0323.jpg

all cleaned and sanded down

DSC_0324.jpg

first coat of primer

DSC_0320.jpg

DSC_0326.jpg

first wheel finished and drying

DSC_0327.jpg

all of them painted and clear coat aswell :)

DSC_0329-1.jpg

here they are on the car. such an improvment :)

next plans are to:

colour code the lower bumpers front and back

paint the door handles, wing mirror backs same colour as the wheels

paint the door pillars or put some carbon wrap on them

will update when iv done them :)

Edited by EAA Arosa

• 4 weeks later...

hi all,

not a huge amount done until recently. i have now painted the wing mirrors, inside door handles and door pulls and i have bought a shiney new jvc double din radio. will upload some more pics soon.

bought some recaro seat from a mk 4 golf but found they didnt fit my arosa so they are now for sale on the Classified section. so not sure what the next major upgrade should be. anyone have any ideas????

heres a couple of pics so far :)

DSC_0332.jpg

DSC_0346.jpg

DSC_0347.jpg

DSC_0348.jpg

DSC_0350.jpg

check out the wing mirrors :)

• 2 months later...

hi all,

been cleaning today :) decided to divert my attention from the outside of the car and have a crack at the inside, soooooo out came the seats haha

this is what greeted me, never thought it waas this bad

DSC_0404.jpg

so i got my cleaning stuff out and this is what the result of 3 hours work

DSC_0405.jpg

DSC_0406.jpg

soo much better now, also smells better too :) can you see my new up holders too haha

do you like my new sticker?

DSC_0408.jpg

enjoy! :)

Edited by EAA Arosa

• 2 months later...

hi all,

first update for a while, first thing is the front bumper. first thing i did was fitted my new fog lights haha, bought the lights from eBay and the apertures courtesy of dale :)

DSC_0436.jpg

was going to put a oem headlight switch with the fog switch in but could not find the loom for the lights soo i just put an aftermarket switch in and took the feed from the heated rear window switch

DSC_0432.jpg

then iv did what iv been wanting to do since i bought the car, color coding the lower valance, IMO it looks soooo much better and everybody keep asking me if iv put a new bumper on and saying it look more sporty :)

before

DSC_0438.jpg

masked off

DSC_0439.jpg

primer

DSC_0441.jpg

final coat

DSC_0442.jpg

finished

DSC_0445.jpg

DSC_0447.jpg

DSC_0448.jpg

DSC_0449.jpg

DSC_0450.jpg

finally the smallest upgrade, my new gear gaiter, once again an eBay purchase, black leather with bright blue stitching :)

DSC_0437.jpg

thanks for looking, any comments welcome :)