SlowPoke's Make Over - Interior Commence.

SlowPoke

Thankyou :)

So!

Paid tonight so I've made an order! After lots of working out I've ordered some custom springs as I'm not happy running chopped ones! I've gone for 4" rear springs 2.25" diameter 300lb/ins so should be firmer and less chance of scrubbing. They should be small enough so I can have my adjuster in too :) I've ordered corsa B FK highsport shortened dampers so the spring will stay seated when jacked up.

For the fronts I've ordered 4" helper springs with only 4lb/ins so they will support the main spring when jacked up and hopefully compress to nothing when lowered :) and I'll be taking the TA tecnix main spring out as I've ordered a shorter 6" 300lb/ins spring to replace it, resulting in more lows but done safely :) just hope my maths hasn't let me down here!

Oh and I've got a K&N induction on order too, I know it won't do jack but atleast it will sound less like a hair dryer lol.

Wow - this car looks fabulous and very original and creative with what you've done too :thumbsup:

That's one sick moustache too! I just thought your avatar was some image off the web before! :clap:

Edited by Joti

Serious custom springage, bravo.

Oh where are you getting them done, because everyone will want to know :lol:

Edited by Koop

Haha she's genuine, just got some new wax today too :)

I'll be posting up the definitive solution to getting low safely just as soon as i've checked out everything and make sure it rides ok, all in they've cost me £140 with delivery for the 6 springs i've ordered.

and friday she's getting her service, £300 for cambelt, water pump, HT leads, Spark plugs & fluids + labour, and maties picking my car up from work so quite handy!

I'll be posting up the definitive solution to getting low safely just as soon as i've checked out everything and make sure it rides ok, all in they've cost me £140 with delivery for the 6 springs i've ordered.

That sounds like a pretty good deal, look forward to seeing how they work out. You could be putting a lot of business their way soon :lol:

Hello mr postie!

8c40610b.jpg

look how flimsy this helper spring looks i nearly laughed at it!

f43e6e40.jpg

Compresses to next to nothing even with just my hand :)

339dfe0b.jpg

Happy days! going on the car this weekend. Static here i come!

Wil the adjusters fit on the rear springs?

yeap they're 58mm diameter same as the adjuster :) just seems weird having a uniform spring thats 58mm all the way through the spring! they're way stiffer though! cant wait to try them out but my cars in the garage at the mo getting serviced.

Got my car back from the service yesterday, man it feels ****e handing over £300 for stuff you can't even see!! Still running a bit shudery too but I'm hoping it's just the fact one ht lead is a bit ****ed, might be coil pack though.

Can't sort it out yet as my HT leads haven't arrived and I can't try my new springs as my Corsa B shocks haven't arrived damn you venom motorsport! Don't you hate it when you can't get next day delivery?!

Also I need to hurry up and do something about the exhaust, car seems to be running hotter since the backbox came off? Never heard the fan come on before..

Oh and a quick tip to clear things up, spoke to my mechanic and he said shortened springs that don't stay seated WILL pass MOT. Suspension is checked when the cars under load. The only time it would fail is if they jack it up and the spring actually fell onto the floor, as they're not allowed to pick it up lol. So if you are really worried cable tie them in place, it's all legal :)

Hello mr postie!

8c40610b.jpg

look how flimsy this helper spring looks i nearly laughed at it!

f43e6e40.jpg

Compresses to next to nothing even with just my hand :)

339dfe0b.jpg

Happy days! going on the car this weekend. Static here i come!

where did you get these from man? loving the work so far as well! great choice of wheels too ;)

where did you get these from man? loving the work so far as well! great choice of wheels too ;)

Demon Tweeks or merlin motorsports do them, Faulkner Springs, you can specify any size and spring rate. might want to wait until i've tested them out though before you rush off and buy some, ill post up full specs etc when i've run them in and made sure their well suited . :thumbsup:

Just seen this. Your loop is absolutely stunning. Love the way satin black looks. I am going for matt black with pearl black graphics when the the time comes. Good work. And lovely moustache, beats my beard hands down :)

Edited by Blue bulldog

STRESS.

Went to fit the springs, did this on the way!

7cf56f00.jpg

But anyway worry about that later, got front strut off

Before:

da08e318.jpg

After:

24efe22d.jpg

On the car looking nice, 6" spring seated nicely by the Helper, things looked good.

b7a0db54.jpg

Difference between the old Chopped TA rears and my custom ones.

6663ea48.jpg

First it tried it with my adjuster in, and it looked exactly the same hight as it was with just the chopped spring on its own.

So i whipped the adjuster out and it looked like this!

ddcd9825.jpg

Arches sitting on the rim anyone?

c3f29dff.jpg

Couldn't even move the car like this lol, and my arches have been pulled ALOT.

So i took all the adjusters apart like so:

71e0c318.jpg

And put them in just like this:

2c117e5f.jpg

and they sit in like this:

fe68edff.jpg

There well seated in the bottom as the adjuster keeps it in good, with the smaller Corsa B shocks it should keep it seated in the top too.

So now the rear sits like this:

b17c02a5.jpg

fc5af570.jpg

Done all the wheel bolts up and took it for a spin.

In conclusion, its too stiff i could live with it i guess but i wouldn't fancy doing long high speed motorway driving, i did half a mile down the stretch of motorway and hit a minor bump at 60 and it threw me out of my seat, you feel every little bit of road and im considering sending them back :surprised:

also i cannot understand why the front wont go lower, with the full weight of the front of the car on the front struts if i get my hand in there and try to move the springs they still move up and down with a bit of play? i've even wound the bottom adjusters right down so they're not even on the thread and it still wont go lower, am i doing something completely wrong or what??? please help!

Edited by SlowPoke

Gutted for you about kerbing the wheel. :(

Looks like you've been busy today - I take it the BBQ option lost out then? ;)

Yeah seems like a wasted effort though because its far too stiff and despite being able to get the rear how i want it i just cant fix the front, i thought TA's were able to get the front on the deck?

I've been stripping my coils today & had the same idea of leaving the adjuster cup in without the actual adjusting ring, great minds an all that eh ;):lol:

Gutted it's not worked out entirely as planned mucker. Thought about taking the helpers out to get the front down?

Thats the thing though the helpers barely hold up the top springs as they're so soft, so with the weight of the car they definitely would crush down to nothing, but when i look under the car, (through my wheel spokes as its the only way to see) the helper is only lightly compressed?? only thing i can think of is that the damper in the strut is maxed out and the cars actually sitting on the dampers bumpstop and the springs arn't doing jack! really annoyed i bet its going to be a right pain sending them back too, just drove it quickly round the block and its just stupid rigid. Sad times indeed :(

here she is sitting sad

2690477f.jpg

Incidentally because of this manhole cover and the horrific camber of my road i don't think i could go much lower as my exhaust always catches it even when im super careful!

766e7f35.jpg

That eagle crest thing on your sig Slowpoke, are you gonna fit one under the side repeaters as in that pic?

Thing it looks really cool TBH.....

Yeap thats the plan, just looking at sticker doming, something i've never done before and not sure whats involved, but thought it would be cool to look like more of a badge rather than just a sticker. i can get the kit to do it through our supplier at work :) im even thinking of wrapping the whole car Iridescent Black/Purple the satin is so hard to keep clean!! and its a joy wiping the bonnet and it just looking mint with no polish or anything.

Small update, i was pissed off with my seats as they're filthy thanks to my Ex and her Dr.pepper obsession (always spilling them) so i attempted to give them a clean.

Before:

8de4c2e4.jpg

After:

1a62d6da.jpg

Didn't do to bad a job but im still not happy with them so i've ordered different seats, im not sure if anyone has done these in a lupo before but they looked nice and i think they'll suit my colour scheme planned for the interior. lets hope i can get them to fit.

PICT0065.jpg