GTI production to continue......

Ty

Reading autocar the other day, theres an article on the new Fox which it says is due to go on sale early next year, with lupo production coming to an end later this year. But the interesting bit in the article is that they say the GTI will continue to be built as its made on a seperate production line! not sure if this has been brought up in the past.. :? and wether or not its true......

It would be very suprising if it did continue, but hey, kind of makes sense, given that VW is going through a GTi renaissance at the moment (new Golf GTi, Polo GTi sometime fairly soon), so maybe they want to keep it running until they have that model for the new shape car. Good a guess as any I think, but yeah, expensive move I would have thought.

I've been told they wanted to keep the Lupo as an entry model to the GTi range (VW has been playing with the idea of a Fox Gti, 1.4 105bhp, but initially won't make it into production as only 3 engines have been announced, 1.4 petrol 75bhp, 1.4 Tdi 75bhp and either a 1.0 50bhp or a 1.2 55bhp cannot remember which at the mo) being the Polo in the middle at 22.000€ and the golf gti being top of Gti range.

The person who told who used to post on here wasn't 100% sure so neither am i. But really hope it to be true tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />