the latest copy of the golf+

...superlupo...

it usually takes a lot to get me even thinkin about writtin into a magazine but there's a letter in the new golf+ thats kinda struck a nerve.

it's written by the bloke with the yellow arosa that was featured a coulple months back.. now im not tryin to start some kind of war against the bloke but i alreadydon't like his attitude and this particular letter he's written doesn't do much to change my mind.

for starters i met him at the vw driver trackday at combe like ayear and a half ago (the one where me and max had our 2 car stand) and i conversation he asked how much power i was makin.. i told him what mods i had done and that the car was runnin 116bhp on the rollers to which he replied "seems a bit optomistic". he said he was running 104bhp and that any more than that was gonna be very unrealistic.. to say he was a bit rude was an understatement.

in this letter to one of the writers, who's got a yellow sport, he says he is making the same mistake as eveyone else who is modding a lupo/arosa by making it too low and putting wheels that are too wide on it, and that if he wants toi know how to make his lupo stop go and handle then he should get in contact with him..

he then goes on to say that to prove he knows what he's doin he has lapped combe in 1min31secs on cut slick track tyres and that no one has ever come close to beatin that time in a lupo/arosa sport yet.. this is the bit that pissed me off because at the same trackday as he was had his photoshoot for the mag i took 100m out of him passed him and then pulled almost 1/2 the straight on him in 5 laps with my too wide splits on t1s toyos.. the funny thing about him claiming to have the fastest time for a sport round combe is that a good friend of mine was timed in his arosa sport runnin on budget tyres on his factory alloys (no crap!!) at 1min30sec..

im not claimin that me or the people i know are better drivers or that he doesn't know what he's talkin about when it comes to settin up cars but to dig at people who are creatin show cars not go cars and tryin to lay claim to this fastest sport in the world title is a bit narrow minded i think...

it's the only time since ditchin my sport lump that i wish i had it back just so i could show him that he needs to get his facts straight before telling the world how great he is.

just don't know whether to write in and tell him or not. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

He was fetured a few month ago, as he was using his as a track car. He had some good ideas but it was nothing special.

I saw that when it was featured but never bothered to read the actual feature, i just looked at the tech spec. To be honest i think the photos in the Golf+ always let the mag down or maybe it's just the layout, something about that mag i don't like! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I'd write if I were you, but keep it cool, keep it reasonable and generally defeat them with your arguement.

Out of interest, can anyone link to some pics of his car, wondering what its like.

me and sps si are tryin to write somthin back but not to sound as cocky as he came across..

i think the cars cool and all but to be honest it really isn't that special.. it just looks to me like the bloke thinks a roll cage and some yoko track tyres makes your car a track car..

on the mag front tho..... i like the golf+ but i never find myself lookin at old copies. to me thats what makes a good mag. i read old pvw's and evo's all the time.