Onwards and Upwards....

Hawkesybaby

Hi all....

Finally getting round to starting one of these! Been knocking round on here for a couple of months now and have got some great info and there are some beautiful cars on here....

Ive been involved in the vw "scene" for a good 7 years now (since my first car).... countless mk2 golfs, 2 mk1's, mk1 polo, mk4 etc etc....

But september last year saw the demise of my favourite car to date...

DSC01246.jpg

20vT MK2 Golf running 230hp.....

the demise was some little scrote deciding to burn it out whilst parked outside my house....

sooooooo.......

after an absolute ball ache of an insurance process I got myself this little beauty....

DSC_0136.jpg

Lupo GTI 96K miles, full VWSH, good little runner and completely standard when I bought it!

Had a couple of things done already as when I got the car back there was a running issue and drive train issue (see other threads for those)...

First thing I done was fit my old G60 brakes from my MK2 which have made only a slight improvement in braking which im slightly surprised at....

next on the hit list was the pink stripe around my grille which was sorted after a quick look on ebay... £4.99 for a new red strip came in 2 days in the post and the results below...

DSC_0149.jpg

after a trip to UD the weekend got myself some pressed plates to remove the hideous ones on there when i got the car...

Also had a go at removing the rear badges as they looked a bit tatty and naff.... took them very easily and had a go at tcutting all the adhesive away etc only to find that my boot had been resprayed over the badges so the lacquer had built up over the badge.... shizer! Needs some "work" done anyway in terms of a few little scrapes etc so not that fussed! How it looks below...

DSC_0172.jpg

After an absolute BARGAIN of a buy on ebay I fitted this with some help from me mate...

DSC_0167.jpg

Not a massive fan of sound system kinda stuff.... but after having one in the mk2 I had to get it.... £16.77p well spent ;)!

Cheeky little shot of my rents Arosa TDi too....

DSC_0171.jpg

DSC_0170.jpg

So yeah thats a quick "history" of my new Loooooop...

After having a beast of a mk2 in show worthy quality this will be treat exactly the same and have many things planned for it and they should be taking shape over the next few months.... lows first with my special wheels being sorted soon after but there will be tuning going on during.... looking for 150BHP which is a good target for what i have planned!

But yeah I do love it already and cant wait to get stuck in...... oh some arty farty pics for you guys too :)

DSC_0246-1.jpg

DSC_0152.jpg

DSC_0218.jpg

DSC_0219.jpg

DSC_0220.jpg

DSC_0224.jpg

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also had a go at removing the rear badges as they looked a bit tatty and naff.... took them very easily and had a go at tcutting all the adhesive away etc only to find that my boot had been resprayed over the badges so the lacquer had built up over the badge.... shizer!

Had a similar issue when I took my 1.4 badge off, they'd took the badge off but sprayed over the glue instead of cleaning it off first :doh: Muppets. Fixed it rat style & put a sticker over it :lol:

GTI's looking very tidy look forward to seeing what you do with mate, if it's half the motor that Mk2 was there will be sexwees aplenty no doubt.

Edited by Koop

There really are some idiots out there it takes 5 mins to do the job right and a shed load better! It's gonna cost me money and time to get it sorted now, wasters!!!

thanks man yeah hopefully it'll be good! Just can't wait to get started now! Empty wallet on a regular basis comin up I think lol!

Nice Gti dude, Im sure ,from seeing your golf, this will be one to watch :thumbsup:

Ps. if your rents want rid of the Arosa, gimmie a shout ;) haha wouldnt mind another :P

Wanna get this to a show standard quality daily driver.... long shot being a daily but I'm gonna take the task on :)

And my rents absolutely LOVE the Arosa... I'll be honest so do I lol! Amazed with how quick it is.... torque is brilliant!

Noo its not mate, I rekon you could do it :clap: its kinda upsetting that so many people these days dont use their good cars as dailys,

As for the arosa, i want a Tdi!! if i could find a red arosa, id give mine to my mrs and have the Turb Derv :P

So finally managed to sort out a way of getting my photos from my phone to here....

Had a play with new nice bits tonight....

6c1f7d43.jpg

Steering wheel boss kit and my new suede racing steering wheel....

Any be doing with those tiny 280mm ones (surely can't be safe)... Results below pic quality a bit naff as iPhone gashness but ya get the jist....

c3bc9df9.jpg

Will be havin a conversation with a reputable company regards nice new performance bits tommora hopefully shop around get the best deals etc....

Watch this space :)!

So finally managed to sort out a way of getting my photos from my phone to here....

Had a play with new nice bits tonight....

6c1f7d43.jpg

Steering wheel boss kit and my new suede racing steering wheel....

Any be doing with those tiny 280mm ones (surely can't be safe)... Results below pic quality a bit naff as iPhone gashness but ya get the jist....

c3bc9df9.jpg

Will be havin a conversation with a reputable company regards nice new performance bits tommora hopefully shop around get the best deals etc....

Watch this space :)!

• 2 weeks later...

Took my loop out for its first proper drive in anger lastnight.....

And WOW!!!!

There are some really REALLY good roads around where I live I took advantage of them!!!

I am really surprised at how well it handles and the pick and go is awesome considerin I'm used to a 230hp mk2 golf lol! I had so much fun!

Stumbled across a modded evo 8 as had some serious fun with him on the twistees.... he couldn't get away!

For a standard car it's brilliant just makes me want to get started on these choice mods and really see what it can do!

• 4 weeks later...

Parts that I ordered have been put back 2 weeks.... not a happy bunny!

Also just lost my job so may be a while before I can even get em on! Piss take!

Ps how the hell do you advertise summat on classifieds here it won't let me start a thread....?!?

This is the reason i love forums, quotes like that.

300bhp plus of 4wd yaw controlled road going rally car being tail gated by a 125bhp lupo fwd lol

sorry but thats funny, the gti is a fun car on the bends but thats a different league.