EN53 JXD - anyone know it?

MattyB

It's not against any law to publicise reg plates - far less people will see them on here than on the road anyway, and it's not possible for a member of the public to trace a cars owner or find the owner's address from the reg number.

It IS possible to find the make/model/date of manufacture/number of previous owners, but I'm not sure that's much to worry about.

Some people prefer not to have their registrations posted, but I don't care personally.

There's always the matter of cloning, but I'm yet to see it happen to anyone on a forum like this.

I wouldn't worry about cloning. If someones going to clone a car, they'll walk down the street and steal someone's number plate. People seem to be oversensitive to this kind of thing. The plate of my Elise is all over the Evoposters site and the MLOC one. Everyone knew my plate on my Lupo was L88UPO, I didn't really go out of my way to hide it.

And I can send a letter to the DVLA asking for the address/details of the current owner of a car aslong as I give a good "reason" and pay the £10. I can even go on the RAC website and find out alot just by registering.

You do realise that, just by knowing your name and the rough area you live, I can find out your exact address?? Number plates should be the least of your worries wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

QUOTE(MattyB)

You do realise that, just by knowing your name and the rough area you live, I can find out your exact address?? Number plates should be the least of your worries wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

stalker alert!! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> :wink: