Tyre Size affect speedo?

Fob163

just wondering if i put 15" alloys on my lupo which has 13" steels on atm, will it affect my speedo? i cant do with getting ANOTHER speeding ticket in my second year of driving!

It will depend on tyres size and profile. Have a play here: http://www.miata.net...e/tirecalc.html

I think the standard 13" tyres are 155/70 so a 195/45/15 will be OK, as when your speedo read 60mph you wil actually be doing 61mph.

Standard steels are 65 profile still not far off, can drop to a 185 or 175 to give a wee bit of stretch which will bring the rolling radius down a bit. All these tyre width measurements are assuming about a 15 x 6.5 to 7.5 J wheel.

^ Standard tyre sizes differ between models. On my 1.0 poverty spec Arosa they were 155\70\13.

I just assumed the 1.0E Lupo would be the same. Still, look at your tyre sizes, check on the fuel flap if you think they may be non standard size, and compare the difference on that link.