Ruth's Wee Lenny!

RuthW

Also, anyone know how to stop the dreadful clicking noise the doors make? i thought a good clean and WD 40 would work but no :(

If you're refering to the 2 loud clicks when you open your door then new door check straps are the best way, the original straps have a cheap plastic sleeve that, over time disintegrates... Think mine cost me around £18 from a main dealer but if your short on funds, you could try your hands at this..

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=78249&hl=%2Bcheck+%2Bstrap&fromsearch=1

hope this helps Ruth.. btw, loop looks sweet :thumbsup:

no mine were the black ones, which is why i wanted to take them off... yea they were full of crap :P still havent got all of the sticky stuff off yet, i ran out of time lol

Lol wanna seen the looks I was getting from people walking past whilst I was sitting with the hair dryer on my driveway hahaa some job when you get them sorted though! A lot cleaner looking altogether tbh

If you're refering to the 2 loud clicks when you open your door then new door check straps are the best way, the original straps have a cheap plastic sleeve that, over time disintegrates... Think mine cost me around £18 from a main dealer but if your short on funds, you could try your hands at this..

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=78249&hl=%2Bcheck+%2Bstrap&fromsearch=1

hope this helps Ruth.. btw, loop looks sweet :thumbsup:

Thanks very much for you're help :D

Awk ta :D love wee Lenny the lupo!

Lol wanna seen the looks I was getting from people walking past whilst I was sitting with the hair dryer on my driveway hahaa some job when you get them sorted though! A lot cleaner looking altogether tbh

I was tempted to remove mine, but I think that it actually makes the car look a bit wider for some reason and with mine being decked, wide is good :)

I was tempted to remove mine, but I think that it actually makes the car look a bit wider for some reason and with mine being decked, wide is good :)

Yeah the ones that are colour coded do! Had to remove mine anyways seeing as I only had it on the D/S for some reason!

So; went out to do something with the wiper arms today as they need sprayed badly! Took the bolt caps and the bolts out but nothing was budging.. Anyone any ideas? Or am I doing it wrong completely?

So; went out to do something with the wiper arms today as they need sprayed badly! Took the bolt caps and the bolts out but nothing was budging.. Anyone any ideas? Or am I doing it wrong completely?

Keep wiggling, they will come eventually, there just ruddy stiff. also try folding and unfolding the arm that loosens them up a bit :)

Keep wiggling, they will come eventually, there just ruddy stiff. also try folding and unfolding the arm that loosens them up a bit :)

Thank you :) will try that tomorrow! Could they possibly be corroded on? :S wd 40 didn't even loosen them! They're pretty much silver now so in desperate need of a spray!

Thank you :) will try that tomorrow! Could they possibly be corroded on? :S wd 40 didn't even loosen them! They're pretty much silver now so in desperate need of a spray!

yeah, Nothing to worry about though, i doubt it would be rust, everything seems to be Galavanised on these ( i'm missing one cap over wiper arm and its been like it for as long as i can remember and no rust!) The posts are Splined to keep the wipers moving, and the pressure of the bolts really squishes them on!

Mine need doing too, wanna do mine? :innocent:

yeah, Nothing to worry about though, i doubt it would be rust, everything seems to be Galavanised on these ( i'm missing one cap over wiper arm and its been like it for as long as i can remember and no rust!) The posts are Splined to keep the wipers moving, and the pressure of the bolts really squishes them on!

Mine need doing too, wanna do mine? :innocent:

Just some brute force and ignorance is needed then! :D

I will aye! Plenty of paint to go around! :D

Bout ye big gurl from a fellow Norn Iron'r :thumbup:

There's no way you're trying to tell me a woman sprayed the inside parts surely?! :o Thats some job on the cleaning however, i would believe you done that being a woman n all :twisted:

Any other interior plans seeing as the exterior looks pretty clean?!

Bout ye big gurl from a fellow Norn Iron'r :thumbup:

There's no way you're trying to tell me a woman sprayed the inside parts surely?! :o Thats some job on the cleaning however, i would believe you done that being a woman n all :twisted:

Any other interior plans seeing as the exterior looks pretty clean?!

What about ma?! :lol:

I did surely! Is that a mans job? Hahaaa very funny ;) pure OCD style!

Nottttt 100% sure yet! Wanna do something different to the roof trim and deffo looking to get some nice leather recaros at some point but will all take time! Oh and a tuney wee steering wheel :)

Here Ruth i forgot to mention yesterday, you do realise with the MOT changes that have come in over here recently that the HID's are failable (unless theres self levelling lamps and washers) and police are going to be taking a bit of a stronger stance on them?

Jst incase it maybe saves you a bit of hassle in a lot of forms. A good upgraded headlight bulb would be more than fine unless do a lot of backroad country driving.

Here Ruth i forgot to mention yesterday, you do realise with the MOT changes that have come in over here recently that the HID's are failable (unless theres self levelling lamps and washers) and police are going to be taking a bit of a stronger stance on them?

Jst incase it maybe saves you a bit of hassle in a lot of forms. A good upgraded headlight bulb would be more than fine unless do a lot of backroad country driving.

Yeah I realise this :/ boyfriend is gonna have this problem come MOT time! Easily changed though but his arent as bright as some! I do have upgraded bulbs but they're just as useless as the original bulbs so I think I should spend a bit more than £5 on them! Haha

So I got bored an needed to tidy up my hubcaps seeing as I can't afford wheels atm! I'm going to my lupos first show in the next couple of weeks so couldn't have them looking a state! So this is what I did ;)

Before!

1aeb2943.jpg

Woaw someone liked clipping curbs!!!

1e40c8d7.jpg

06a1628e.jpg

And I did this :D (this was the really bad curbed one)

0fd854b9.jpg

2a167902.jpg

All I need now is to buy some hubcap stickers :D

Thoughts?! :D

Nice colour good work! What show(s) you going, you doing UD Sunday?

Nice colour good work! What show(s) you going, you doing UD Sunday?

Thanks :D UD isn't over here this weekend :( and I'm not going to dubshed cause I didn't have a car when i was thinking of going so going to ultimate car show instead, working my way up ;) I have a stand at ultimate car show as well and all the cars aren't dub!

Forgot there was sea between you n UD for a minute there, it was early ok?! haha

Forgot there was sea between you n UD for a minute there, it was early ok?! haha

Haha ok I'll let you away with it! Not next time koop!

I'm gonna have to say it.... Lmao

Attractive girl joins forum and gets more posts than 90% of any other thread on this forum in a 10th of the time hahaha!

Not ment in a dickish way at all like just made me laugh :)...

Welcome to the forum :)

Carry on.... hahahahaha

You just called her attractive, you're clearly the one trying to have a crack :P

You just called her attractive, you're clearly the one trying to have a crack :P

Good point well made....

But that point was made on a purely observational stand point matey :) haha

And I probably just said what a good few people were thinking lol

Edited by Hawkesybaby