1.4 tdi lupo looses power at about 80?

Mine had a slight rip in my turbo hose and would only go in limp mode when booting it over 80 when it ripped more then I couldn't go over 40 I changed the hose and then all was good it's worth checking the hoses! Is the car low because if it is check the pipe going from the intercooler into the turbo they often rub on the driveshaft and rub a hole in it

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Volkswagen lupo 1.4 tdi loses power at around 80 and feels like the turbos just cut out? Turn the car off and start it up and it pulls fine? But then still has the samme problem at that speed, anybody got any ideas? Cheers :)

mine did the same,it is either a vacum leak or a boost leak the ecu will not allow the engine to go above certian parameters so as not to damage the engine,

take off the engine tray and look up at the turbo,there you will find 2 small bore cotton covered hoses which feed the emission system,they both come off of the boost side of the turbo,

they are also held in place by a plastic clip this is where mine had rubbed through causing 2 small holes so no boost or very little was registaring and wastegate was not working due to this so was overboosting so engine just cut the power,

hope this helps took me ages to find it,

replaced the hoses with silicon 4mm is the size you need.