STANCE HELP?

Lupoluke69

Hi, my lupos gradually getting there and looking better by the day..

I want a better stance to the car without buying coilovers as they are to expensive

I changed the aftermarket wheels the car came with to 15x5 wolkswagen ones.. which weigh half as much..

Will shorter springs effect the ride quality much?

and..

What size spacers would be best?

cheers!

Joshuaar has summed it up.. You are likely to need coilovers to achieve 'Stance'. And we need information on the wheels in question, 15x5 is not enough.

Best bet is to skim through the members rides section, find a car with a similar 'stance' to what you would like, find out the wheel dimensions and then go from there.

I wouldn't bother bud, trust me lots of people make the same mistake of buying springs in a rush but the truth is within a week of looking through other peoples photos you'll be disappointed with yours and you will buy coilovers and lose money on the springs. Just save your money for coilovers, you can pick cheap ones up for under £200

some new unused budget coilovers have sold recently n the club lupo facebook page. something that cheap is very unlikely to happen again, but definitely get coils, they arent that much considering what you get for your money... a super sick car.

Stance is not about just beig low, it's a combination of a few things and there is no set way of achieving it.

In other words you can define what stance is but not a definitive way of how to get it.

Edited by scotty_82

I'd go for coilovers as with shorter springs the dampers don't like it at all.... And with ocoilover you can go higher or lower, for the rear use camber shims and front don't space them out to much as you will get lots of bump steer :)

But save for coilovers as u can get some pritty crap once....