Sub's - Slim-profile / Under-seat

Been looking around the web, and as i think id like to keep the use of a boot (well rear glove box) ive been thinking of getting 2 under seat subs under each seat, and possibly one under the seats in the rear. Worth it??? any one done this?? and if so what's you recommendations eg best sub, and installation advice is it easy???

Cheers Guys

There's no room to put a sub under the rear seats.

aaah ive seen it done in a 106 so i thought maybe it could be done in a lupo, ahwell whats the quality like on the slimline subs?? as good as normal??

What are you looking at? Vibe Lite Airs? Kenwood SW01? Pioneer WX210A, WX11A, WX77A?

Might help people give opinions etc.

i mean as in a general, does the size of them make them worse or muffled??

Some car seats have space between te floor and the seat itself, Lupo seats sit flat

aah really?? so i couldnt even get it under the seat between the runners??

i mean as in a general, does the size of them make them worse or muffled??

aah really?? so i couldnt even get it under the seat between the runners??

Size doesn't mater ;) its quality and power :)

and you may be able to at the on the front seats, if you read the whole conv, the OP was asking about installing under the rears not the front :)

Well recently I installed a sub under passeneger seat :) But had decided not to put one under drivers as I usually drive with seat lowered :) To fit the sub in you need to cut away carpet underneath and remove some insolation :)!

what sub did you use?? and do you feel it just as good when you drive as you would if youd got a larger one in the rear?? (no sexual content intended)

Edited by patroddy

patroddy, it depends on what your after mate and how much your wanting to pay. I had a Hifonics Atlas in a box in the boot with an amp next to it. it looked clean and tidy. the sub was 250 and the amp was around 200 new (borrowed amp from a friend). depending on what kind of sound your looking at, personally id reccomend upgrading the door speakers and have tweeters etc and amp them. dont bother with a sub as it will drown out the sound of the standard speakers if you dont have it set right. you will just have one loud droning sound.

Best bit of advice i would give is: get some infiniti kappa's (or other decent speakers but not too expensive) get a decent amp and have it all installed set up professionally. that way you will have a brilliant quality sound.

if you want a loud bass. go for a good quality 12" sub and powerful amp. dont get anything cheap as it will be cr**. at the end of the day you get what you pay for with most things so the more you spend on a sub (in theory) the better it will be. Also, if you get a sub run it on minimum for at least 24 hours (working time) before you turn it up. it will loosen it up and make it last longer in the long run. a mate of mine is into his audio and runs an extension lead to his at night and runs the subs overnight on minimum volume to "run them in".

Hope this helps you and if you have any questions let me know and i will try and help.

Piers

and in relation to the size. there are a few factors to this, e.g. obviously the amount of space you will need for it. the smaller the sub the "sharper" it will be. 12" is a good size IMO. thats what i ran. but if your wanting a very simply sound that doesnt overpower the door speakers id go for a 10. that would give you quality over volume as long as its set up correctly.

but to be fair, you wouldnt really notice the difference between a 10 or a 12

patroddy, it depends on what your after mate and how much your wanting to pay. I had a Hifonics Atlas in a box in the boot with an amp next to it. it looked clean and tidy. the sub was 250 and the amp was around 200 new (borrowed amp from a friend). depending on what kind of sound your looking at, personally id reccomend upgrading the door speakers and have tweeters etc and amp them. dont bother with a sub as it will drown out the sound of the standard speakers if you dont have it set right. you will just have one loud droning sound.

Best bit of advice i would give is: get some infiniti kappa's (or other decent speakers but not too expensive) get a decent amp and have it all installed set up professionally. that way you will have a brilliant quality sound.

if you want a loud bass. go for a good quality 12" sub and powerful amp. dont get anything cheap as it will be cr**. at the end of the day you get what you pay for with most things so the more you spend on a sub (in theory) the better it will be. Also, if you get a sub run it on minimum for at least 24 hours (working time) before you turn it up. it will loosen it up and make it last longer in the long run. a mate of mine is into his audio and runs an extension lead to his at night and runs the subs overnight on minimum volume to "run them in".

Hope this helps you and if you have any questions let me know and i will try and help.

Piers

and in relation to the size. there are a few factors to this, e.g. obviously the amount of space you will need for it. the smaller the sub the "sharper" it will be. 12" is a good size IMO. thats what i ran. but if your wanting a very simply sound that doesnt overpower the door speakers id go for a 10. that would give you quality over volume as long as its set up correctly.

but to be fair, you wouldnt really notice the difference between a 10 or a 12

Piers you are one beast of a man and you have solved all my questions but one, is it worth having them under the seat or should i go standard and well keep it in a boot. Also i work with a lad who knows you when he saw me surfing the web at work he was like ah i know him, and got your facebook account up and everything

How would you get a 12" sub under the seat? Free air maybe, but not boxed.

You can get wee units like the Kenwood KSC SW01 that will give you bass, but not sub bass, that fit under the seats.

Pioneer WX77A takes up next to no space in your boot and gets very good write ups.

Some clever compact subs use bandpasses and loading to get impressive bass from small drivers, eg my Yamaha sub in my home audio system can drop pretty low considering it is 100W and 6" driver. It can flap my jeans 8 feet away from the port. It'll drop below 80Hz but you won't get much volume from it at 40Hz.

But for proper low bass there is no substitute for inches.

How would you get a 12" sub under the seat? Free air maybe, but not boxed.

You can get wee units like the Kenwood KSC SW01 that will give you bass, but not sub bass, that fit under the seats.

Pioneer WX77A takes up next to no space in your boot and gets very good write ups.

Some clever compact subs use bandpasses and loading to get impressive bass from small drivers, eg my Yamaha sub in my home audio system can drop pretty low considering it is 100W and 6" driver. It can flap my jeans 8 feet away from the port. It'll drop below 80Hz but you won't get much volume from it at 40Hz.

But for proper low bass there is no substitute for inches.

solved my issues, traditional way it is

Glad I could help buddy :) I'm not always argumentative haha ;) really. Who do you work with that knows me?

Add me on facebook if you want mate and any thing you want to know drop me a message.

If your local to me (which you are lol) and you get the gear you want audio wise. Let me know and I can help you fit it If you chose to do it yourself.

Also, you won't get one under the rear seats buddy. Maybe under the fronts but wouldn't go through the hassle myself. Get one in the boot. Could use the wheel well to sit it level with the boot floor or just have a box in the boot.

i work at royces in derby and one of the lads used to work at maccys in belper and said he knew you and dave! i dunno if he just knows of you or if you know him but his name is matt serementa

Both pioneer and blaupunkt do spare wheel well subs, nice and compact and will fit in the boot.

yer, but then youre ****ed when it comes to having a puncture?? :P