Arosa to Lupo front end

Robmarriott

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

arosa and lupo are basically the same car!

you wouldnt have a problem with someone thinking about doing a lupo 3L conversion!?

That's the point though Ben, you can't just go out and buy a 3l car for under 1 k where as you can with a lupo , do why make something that will cost as much to produce as actually buying one

Not if your donor Lupo is the same colour as your Arosa!

It will probably 80% still need a respray, sun damage or generally being a fractionally different shade will make it look like a bodged job.

Define a show car, it's something really grates on me that every kid wants a show car or a project.

Suddenly daily run of the mill cars become projects because they have changed the wheels and they have an online thread.

but he has an arosa... so why if he wants a lupo why not just swap a few panels!

i've thought about doing an arosa conversion... but wouldnt think about selling the lupo and buying an arosa...

thats the thing though ben from the way he has been talking he hasnt bought one yet, from the way ive read it is he cant find a cheap lupo so was going to pick up a cheap arosa and bolt lupo bits to it to save some cash, but in effect it would be easier and not cost any more to just buy a lupo in the first place, and get the better interior thrown in

Define a show car, it's something really grates on me that every kid wants a show car or a project.

Suddenly daily run of the mill cars become projects because they have changed the wheels and they have an online thread.

Agreed! My Arosa is my daily! The fact I've fiddled on with it is purely because I enjoy driving a car that is different and improved but I wouldn't class it as a "project".

That said I do have a "project" in the shape of a Ford Cortina, but that doesn't really get much internet coverage Haha.

I think of mine as a work in progress really cos there's still plenty I want to do, only counts as a project if it's off the road imo!

Koop you fail, my point is why does it have to be called a project?

Would you say "I'm off to work on my project"

Or just simply " I'm off to work on my car "

If you had 1 on the road & 1 in bits in the garage I would think the one you drive would be 'me car' & the other would be 'me project', n'est pas?

But yeah cortinas rule me old man's first 3 or 4 cars were all cortinas. There was an old skool granada knocking round these parts for a while with chrome all over it, 'twas mad pimp style haha

Haha no sticker bombing, not really my thing.

Its an '81 Mk5. So the least cool one! Currently lowered 3", spax adjustables and polybushed throughout. Got a 2litre Pinto with a decent cam and type 9 5 speed sitting on the unit floor ready to go in, with 4 branch manifold etc. Also got some bike carbs in the garage which I'm contemplating using as well.

Just waiting for the welding to be finished, which I can't do, then I can crack on building it back up. Will be finished in April(!) and I'm never selling it Haha.

Hopefully once its roadworthy I'll just keep evolving it. Gunna be my hoon mobile! Trackdays, rwyb's maybe a spot of hill climb for a laugh might even try a spot of drifting!

Have you seen the v8 supercharged granada/cortina that does some real quick quarters, it's done 10 of the best a few times too