Engine check light

just bought myself a lupo gti and when i picked it up had the engine check light on.

i fitted a CDA to it last weekend and the light went off and came back on about 50 miles later.

car isnt down on power and seems to have no running problems what so ever.

any advice would be great.

Im sure there will already be a thread on a similar problem but cant seem to find it,

so if you can help or point me in the right direction

cheers

mine does this all the time! (its actually on at the moment) car always runs mint with no problems! i checked in my manual and it mentions emmisions related issue. mine is totaly standard mechanically, no decat or exhaust system etc.

wouldnt worry too much, best to get someone with a VAG com or something and plug it in. see what it says :)

mine shows the engine sign with the bolt through it btw. not the EPC light.

yeah mines the engine with the bolt through it. he did mention a full stainless system but i think its standard. will get vagcom on it and see what happens :) cheers for the help lads will get back with the results

yeah mines the engine with the bolt through it. he did mention a full stainless system but i think its standard. will get vagcom on it and see what happens :) cheers for the help lads will get back with the results

yeah thats the same as mine :) let me know how you get on..

i had mine plugged in and it came up with an ignition issue (spark plug...?) which i thought was dead random when in the book it said something totaly different...

Mine runs fine, but the engine light comes on every now and then and has done since i bought it.

Ever ytime i flash the codes i get 'bank 1 fuel trim lean' and also emmisions related one due to decat.

Bearing in mind, that was over 30,000 miles ago.

finally got up my mates house who has vagcom,

it gave me

evap purge valve N80

open circuit

from what ive read up on ( quick read ) is that it is the it vents off all excess fuel fumes into the charcoal filter and then releases them at a later date. if im wrong please correct me, but (open circuit) just loose or faulty connection i take it.

anyone have any idea were about's and what this thing looks like

cheers

Edited by alexscotty