3 litre lupo?

Bikerz

a lupo with a 3lr VR6, very quick smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

QUOTE(Crusoe)
a lupo with a 3lr VR6, very quick smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Yeah, they had to make a limited run of production models to legally allow the Lupo Cup racing cars.

What was it, 50 of them?

Only in Germany tho. sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

QUOTE(Bikerz)
why hasnt anyone done that in real life tho? everyone goes 1.8t in themm, why?

see zippy's post, was a special german eddition for touring car homologation

QUOTE(Bikerz)
but why dont people like u and me dump a golf engine in one?

It's too much work to get the weight balancing right with the V6 engine.

With the Ltd Edition one, VW Racing had free run of costs to add lightened body banels everywhere they could.

Some machine when you seen them in action though smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

basically the bored out 2.8vr6 from the corrado enlarged to 3lr with a racing head so it could rev to 8k rpm. the additional venting in the bonnet didn't make it very practical for road use in the wet though so they only limited it to the 50 required for homologation which is a shame. Distinguishable as in the pic above by the wider arches which were needed to fit the tyres capable of handling 280bhp.

A few pages dedicated to it on the net but they are mostly in German. I think the majority of the cars sold are sitting in museums and collections so its very hard to find out information about them.

Might be worth calling VW in Germany if you want to know more.

QUOTE(JB)
Edited posts.

Sssshh! wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

WTF?

QUOTE(Crusoe)
basically the bored out 2.8vr6 from the corrado

Think the corrado engine was 2.9 litres, that's why they started with that rather than the more common 2.8 litre VR6 used in the Golf.

I thought they started with the 3.2 from the RSI and R32 and shortened the stroke??? Perhaps I'm wrong though. I know it didn't have the variable intake...I don't think they could fit that in. Please don't delete this again JB! I don't see what's so secretive about this!! Do you work for VW or something??

They had one in Wolfsburg in the museum. It was based on the basic Lupo rather than the GTI so it doesn't look as good but I imagine it shifts. Price was something crazy I think! Really is one for the collectors smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

QUOTE(ArosaMike)
QUOTE(JB)
Edited posts.

Sssshh! wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

WTF?

Where has my post gone biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />