The LPG Sport

polariskid

Some of you may have already seen my LPG build thread and it's pretty much the same as that. But as I improve the car I can update this thread :)

So yeah, in May I bought myself this little gem from ShaunB, here's some pics of the car as standard when I got her.

17042011890.jpg

17042011892.jpg

17042011894.jpg

And then this happened in June!

Firstly here is the engine bay when i bought it

17042011887.jpg

And after it's LPG conversion ( And I found myself the 16V badge...Not cheap)

Photo0078-1.jpg

Romano Intelligent LPG ECU

Photo0075.jpg

LPG Vapouriser

Photo0076.jpg

Injectors into manifold (very hard to get to and take a picture of :P)

Photo0077.jpg

Filler cap (wet because i washed it)

Photo0090.jpg

Fuel Gauge and Petrol/LPG buttonPhoto0088.jpg

Tanks!!! (Taken from rear seats and under false floor so sorry bout the bad quality)

Photo0083.jpg

Photo0082.jpg

Yeah that is the earth cable attached to the LPG tank :D

Photo0080.jpg

Inbetween the conversion and the boot build I was reversed into by my "friend" who caved in my passenger door. But being as my mechanic is a magician he repaired it and now it's completely unnoticeable. No pics as i couldn't bring myself to look at it, let alone take pictures of it :P

And then I put this on top!

Photo0089.jpg

Photo0079-1.jpg

So that's it so far :) Any comments or suggestions welcome!

Edited by polariskid

• 2 weeks later...

Last nights incident :(

Was coming back from Bridgwater Fair, went to go past someone dawdling at 20 so I was doing about 35. My second day of wearing contacts and they weren't sitting right, rubbed my eye, the bugger fell out. Didn't see the lane merge. Pedestrian island. Both drivers side alloys and tyres gone :(

Pics later

damn! at least the alloys arent too pricy, any damage to the rest of the car? bet it was quite a shock! ive always maintained that driving below the speed limit on roads where it is possible to safely achieve those speeds is highly dangerous, my dad is probably the worst offender for this...

Glad your all right! hope all is fixed soon!

Did you fit the LPG or was it already fitted? Just seems odd to fit it to such a small car thats already good on fuel. I'd rather have the boot space and a lighter car!

He got it fitted, there is another thread calculating the time it takes for it to pay itself back (a very short timeframe) - im sure he can let you know how long it is.

Also I would never say the lupo sport was good on fuel - I fill mine up on a weekly basis! I dont think that it actually weighs too much more as the tanks are fairly small.

For me - ive worked out on a few occasions that i usually get between 20 and 25 mpg (200 miles or less from brimmed to redline), my dad does better than that in his R32! - and im a very sensible driver.

Really i should be considering something like this too - but i dont plan to keep the lupo longer than needed to isure my next car.

Well what happened was..... (Jethro style) Yeah the police came down when i was there and said 'Ah well these things happen, Cheero!' Somerset and Avon Constabulary at it's finest there. Took a big chunk out the island's curb, so I'd say knock for knock :P I haven't had it on a ramp yet so I'm not sure the wishbones, tracking rod are buggers but it all seems pretty straight. So apart from some new alloys, it seems to all be in order.

Thanks for the link Ben but I can't afford the standards atm, just paid off the LPG sonversion and I'm broke :( so it's steelies (spraying them for the pure banter) for me untill I've got some monies. More annoyingly ChrisReeve just sold his Sport alloys for a fiver...... Life eh?

Think I'm gonna buy those Sport alloys that are for sale on here, but it's just hoping they aren't sold by next week :) as that's when I can afford them :) 2 look good the other 2 are quite curbed. As i only need 2, they'll go on the side i need :)

• 2 weeks later...