Just a little rant.

craigg!!

So a few of you might have seen in my build thread a month or so ago that my arosa's windscreen got smashed. As you would i got the police involved as id been away for the weekend and came home to find the damage.

When the policeman arrived he must have looked at it for about 2minutes then went on to say am i sure its been deliberately smashed as it could have been a bird dropping stones on it (there was 7 good chips took out of the screen) i then went on to ask how a bird could have possibly done that and his answer was "well you've seen the size of some of those seagulls at Sellafield" the car was parked a good 10-15miles away from Sellafield!

as i was sure it wasnt a bird that smashed the screen he then suggested that i went and knocked on neighbors doors to ask if anyone had seen anything, im pretty sure, though i may be incorrect, that is the job of the police themselves?

As you could probably tell i wasnt best pleased with what he was coming out with untill... he took a step backwards looked at my car and asked why i had Porsche centrecaps in my wheels to which he got the quick reply, because the wheels are from a Porsche. he then laughed and said "why? on this old thing!" so i kept my calm and he said he would send me a letter with an incident number on so i could make a claim through insurance and what not.

Id heard nothing for over a month until the 25th august when i recieved a letter from Cumbria Constabulary. so i opened it thinking it would be my incident number (it was too late anyways as id paid £170quid for a new one in as i couldnt wait any longer) but no! it was a letter informing me i hadnt paid my fixed penalty notice for 'unnecessary obstruction' only 3days after i had the police up to investigate my windscreen. my car never had a fixed penalty notice attached to it and this letter was the first i heard of it. so i went off to the police station and had a rant and all they said i can do is write a letter.

iv parked in the same place for 3 and a half years and never once had a ticket until i had the police involved in something else.

so basically i feel like the police are punishing me for something that was done to my car and they just seem to be a bunch of useless, arrogant people and were no help at all.

should i just pay my fine and be done with it or write my letter of complaint and see what happens?

Rant over!

What you should do is write up all your frustrations on every vw site, that will make them stand up and take notice.

Or you could just write a letter to the fozz.

wow. sounds like the police where you are suck as much as they do where i live

my car was broken into last year, i phoned the police and was told theyd be right out. they never came. 4 hours later i phoned them up to ask them when theyd be out as i needed to go get the window fixed and was told 'oh they dont think it would be benificial'

my boyfriend's bike was taken the year before (cost over a grand) and they never came out. the only reason he got the bike back was cos he hunted out the little srote that took it.

a car parked in my drive way...full blown meters past the gate. they did nothing.

but when my boyfriend twit of a neighbour phoned to complain about a car parking infront of his dropped curb (the car was infront of his garden, so wasnt even blocking his drive) and they came out Three times over the weekend to get the car moved!!!

the policeman that came out to see you sounds like a right gerk. how dare he be rude about your car. and make up such sh*tty excuses about how the screen broke.

hope you get the parking ticket thing sorted out!

I think people can be quite un-realistic about what the police are capable of. You had your windscreen smashed, he's hardly going to bring out the scientific support team, set up a corden around your car and once some prints have been found, started a man-hunt.

They must have hundreds of reports for smashed glass on cars (i've had mine done so i know how frustrating it is) and they know that its pointless to pursue anything. His seagull story sucked but he was probably just avoiding pointless paperwork.

Yes the officer probably thought it was pointless, I understand that argument. But the fixed penalty notice, making the victim of the crime do house calls, and slagging off his vehicle is just ignorant.

Edited by Ashley

I'm not up for vandalism or any kind of anti social behaviour, but at the end of the day, nothing was stolen and nobody injured. The culprits never even touched the car, so even if a neighbour did see anything suspicious, the evidence would have most likely still have been nil. UBn;ess you want the police SOC to come finger print every stone in the vicinity.

Most people would have put it through their windscreen damage and moved on.

I think the policeman maybe had a sense of humour and you picked it up wrong.