what car?

blister

thinking about selling the lupo as i have now got some NCB behind me i am thinking about getting something a bit more sporty! or different IE SCENE wise?

throw your ideas at me because i cannot think of much

would like to be around 1.4 and be able to easily take a turbo or a engine conversion at a later date.

preferably 2 door but dont mind

must be reliable and cost no more then 1k

My best mate actually had a starlet gt turbo. Then he uprated everything with imported Hks parts and stuff. Was bloody rapid. Insurance was cheeky though, and to get standard replacement parts was a nightmare because the gt turbo is a grey import. Got quoted somethin like £90 for a handbrake cable.....

Just swapped it for a tunned 106 gti. It's slower but at least it's easy enough to get parts for lol.

I think you should be different though and as mentioned, grab an old Civic! The old box shape (dc model??).

..Or a Honda Legend if you happen to find one ;)

Bang for buck you can't knock a Corsa. There are thousands about, cheap to buy, cheap to maintain. Yeah they have a bad name but if your just bothered about going fast for cheap then can't really knock them. Just use standard Vauxhall mentality. IE put a red top in it.

Kam we think on the same wavelength.

Corsa is pennies to buy in poverty spec form, 300-500 gets you a red top engine, 800-1k gets you 200+bhp LET power. Both are relatively simple conversions on the grand scheme of things.

Brakes can be took off other models and that just leaves suspension to pay for. Then you have the basis for a very quick car

Edited by scotty_82

What about a classic MIni?

There are so many different engine conversions you can do with those? Easy :)

already have a b16a1 vtec in my mini :D just got a few more things to do to it,

i have also looked a few civics just finding out if the 1.4 can take the b18 engine simply?

a subaru justy? will have alook into that

starlet turbo is now off the list due to the above reason of parts being expensive never thought of a 106 though so will look into those

also what are your view on MG ZR 1.4?

Bang for buck you can't knock a Corsa. There are thousands about, cheap to buy, cheap to maintain. Yeah they have a bad name but if your just bothered about going fast for cheap then can't really knock them. Just use standard Vauxhall mentality. IE put a red top in it.

now that sounds very interesting, if it can take the c20xe easy then it should take the c20let :D

already have a b16a1 vtec in my mini :D just got a few more things to do to it,

i have also looked a few civics just finding out if the 1.4 can take the b18 engine simply?

a subaru justy? will have alook into that

starlet turbo is now off the list due to the above reason of parts being expensive never thought of a 106 though so will look into those

also what are your view on MG ZR 1.4?

now that sounds very interesting, if it can take the c20xe easy then it should take the c20let :D

Its really tight with a blower at the front end. Lad localy has one. FMIC and turbo and a rad makes it super cramped and some werid bits have been cut away. (Works tho)

Never :D worst car made in my own opinion

Make it the best then :D When I lived in Ibiza a few years ago this guy had one.. Looked insane. Extreme rolled arches, serious rear camber, BBS RM's (Cant go wrong!), hidden exhaust, fully flush n smoothed body work, smoked lights, had Yamaha R1 mirrors. Dunno what it had for an engine, it was a conversion but never found out. Seemed pretty nippy though!

Oh yeah, and it was resprayed in a Ferrari shade of yellow :P

Boom.