URGENT ENGINE HELP

hey guys i picked up a new engine for the other halves wee car off of V3 UPO who assured me it was a AUC engine, got home started to strip it down and found that its a AHB 1litre engine and on further investigation, its from a polo.... my worry now is that its going to cause problems with the AUC management. can anyone shed any light on this

on the subject of todays society, im going to not discriminate 1litre engines from each other, after all there all 1 litres lol! and fit the AHB and see how it goes ...

I can confirm that according to VW, AHB is an 1.7 SDI diesel engine and only found in Caddy vans, and used from 1996 until 2000.

somebody else with the same issue with a 1litre AHB

http://tigerstyle.co.uk/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=50720

then another polo with a 1.4 but a AHB stamp

http://www.clubpolo.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=92510

so not unless VW used the AHB engine mounts for some metal reason?? if the same code has been found on 1litre blocks, 1.4 blocks and 1.7blocks?

ok after some searching, the part number - 030 199 275B is a generic engine mount part ( it itself is stamped AHB along with the part number ) which on looking at VAG CAT is a generic engine mount plate found on Polo/Derby, Lupo 3L and Lupo and Seat Arosa!! however the Alt belt tensioner also has AHB stamped into it as well and a different part number so a bit of and proof if anyone needed it that its deffo petrol

Image105.jpg

Image098.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Im pretty sure the engine code is not ahb, i bought a 1 litre ALD engine and it had ahb stamped on it aswell, is the engine code not on the timing belt cover at all ?

ahh ha!!! you my man helped solve the mystery! the engine has another code stamped directly onto the block itself above the flywheel with ALD stamped on it! so the engine is a ALD engine with AHB engine mounts!

now how the hell do i get it to work with the AUC wiring loom!!! the ERG issue is the only ball ache that i can think of!

ok after much digging i have found this.

the Seat arosa Mk1 originally came with something like an AER 1litre engine code, however in 2000 in time for the W plate arosa's, Seat must have changed these engines out for the ALD engine code, which is a MPI engine, but no EGR valve on them. In 2001 in time for the very first mk2's they had then fitted the EGR valve to them and called it the AUC engine code!