Formula 1 to be shown on Sky from 2012

DarkStryder360

http://news.bbc.co.u...one/9550930.stm

Sky Sports will show every race, qualifying session and practice live.

BBC Sport will broadcast half the races live, as well as the qualifying and practice sessions from those races. Races screened by the BBC will be live on the BBC Sport website for UK users.

I want to cry.

Edited by DarkStryder360

The beginning of the end of F1. Poor decision which has been made to line the pockets of certain people whilst saving the BBC the money to keep producing ****e like cash in ****ing attic!

I feel that someone at FOM should be sacked for allowing Sky to purchase the rights to F1.

The fact that the BBC are going to show half of the races live is a bit of a joke too, they'd be as well not bothering at all if you ask me!

Not to mention that even if you already have Sky you'll have to pay a further £20 a month EVERY month to watch it and a further £10 a month EVERY month if you want to watch in HD.

Disgusting!

I will just stick to streaming sites: http://www.justin.tv/directory/sports

Every Sky Football match or overly priced Box Office match is streamed here. Also the Hungary Practise 2 was streamed live earlier today (even though it was on the BBCSport site anyway, but this is for foreign people too..)

So that is my retort. I just hope the F1 Panel aren't a bunch of tools.

Supposedly the bbc (which is us) couldnt afford to pay the estimated 40million it costs to show the full season, on a positive note we will be getting a new series of cowboy trap and dick & dom go wild.

Supposedly the bbc (which is us) couldnt afford to pay the estimated 40million it costs to show the full season, on a positive note we will be getting a new series of cowboy trap and dick & dom go wild.

Don't forget strictly come teapots!

In a none biased way, I personally can't wait to see what Sky do with it. I wonder if some races will be shown on Sky 3D channel.... I don't actually watch F1 so can't really give an opinion how well the BBC do it, but I wish Sky had actually secured Moto GP off the BBC.... At the moment I have to watch it 1 hour later delayed on Eurosport just because the commentary is so dreadful on the BBC.

I'm not too keen on having to pay £190 a year to the Beeb then only show I watch is Top Gear...

I'm not too keen on having to pay £190 a year to the Beeb then only show I watch is Top Gear...

Exactly, F1 will be spread across all Sky Sports channels which means you'll have to subscribe to the full Sky sports package to watch every F1 race. This costs an extra £20.25pm and that's only if you already have sky which means best case scenario, your paying an extra £243 a year to watch Formula 1. Couple this with the fact that most F1 fans are not going to be interested in football, golf or rugby etc and you can understand why people are moaning so much (including myself)

I wont get into the cost of it all for someone who doesn't already have Sky

Well You can't blame sky for picking the rights up! BBC could only show 9 or 10 Races because they can't afford it! There is a lot of very creative accounting at the BBC! They could have easily afforded it... Look how much money (BBC world wide) the Commercial side of the BBC makes! Don't buy any of this rubbish that they can't afford it.... They are angling for another license fee increase!

http://www.independe...de-2312469.html

Now have a think, They are saying they can't afford it... The money is there! They moan they need more money from the license payer! They then use our License fee to make the programmes, magazines and sell programmes around the world for huge profits! Yeah right... they can't afford it people... Open your eyes!!!

''Sales rose by 7.8% to £1.16 billion in the past financial year''

"This was BBC Worldwide's most successful year ever in championing great UK content around the globe."

And the highly paid TV stars

''The corporation paid 274 people six figure salaries in 2010/11''

It shows the BBC paid out around £22 million to 19 stars in the top bracket

BBC also increased the numbers of talent earning between £250,000 and £499,999 from 26 to 33.

The number of people earning between £100,000 and £149,999 rose from 129 to 142.

But the total bill for talent came in at £212 million

http://www.independe...rs-2312353.html

No body makes you have Sky... can't really blame them for picking up the rights now can you...

Edited by Putney

Don't get me wrong, i'm not blaming sky for picking up the rights, its all the BBC playing political games as you've said. What annoys me most though is the fact that the BBC refused to make deals with C4 and C5 who were at the time, bidding the same as Sky, they just went with the Sky deal for maximum effect.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not blaming sky for picking up the rights, its all the BBC playing political games as you've said. What annoys me most though is the fact that the BBC refused to make deals with C4 and C5 who were at the time, bidding the same as Sky, they just went with the Sky deal for maximum effect.

The BBC should have kept it... anyway thats not the case. So lets see the options. Channel 4 having F1... Give me a break... they couldn't even do cricket...Channel 5... don't have the money to do it either.. I would say they would actually go bust taking on something like F1... I would have no problem with it going back to ITV, I thought they did a good job with it.... It would have been good for them and they have the experience. ESPN? They have the cash but its a subscription channel on top of Sky and not enough platforms....

So realistically then it had to be Sky in the current market. , they have the money to do it well and have much better platforms for the viewer. It would be great to see it in 3D. It's a shame the BBC Decided not to keep it and it's a shame people look at Sky picking it up in a negative way but thats life. I wouldn't be surprised if it even ends up transmitted in 3D in cinema's.... On your Ipad / Iphone or even xbox 360 and PS3... Surely having these options is better for the viewers?

The BBC should have kept it... anyway thats not the case. So lets see the options. Channel 4 having F1... Give me a break... they couldn't even do cricket...Channel 5... don't have the money to do it either.. I would say they would actually go bust taking on something like F1... I would have no problem with it going back to ITV, I thought they did a good job with it.... It would have been good for them and they have the experience. ESPN? They have the cash but its a subscription channel on top of Sky and not enough platforms....

So realistically then it had to be Sky in the current market. , they have the money to do it well and have much better platforms for the viewer. It would be great to see it in 3D. It's a shame the BBC Decided not to keep it and it's a shame people look at Sky picking it up in a negative way but thats life. I wouldn't be surprised if it even ends up transmitted in 3D in cinema's.... On your Ipad / Iphone or even xbox 360 and PS3... Surely having these options is better for the viewers?

Whatever happens though, I, as well as most f1 viewers wont be watching it on Sky as either we don't have it or we don't have the Sky sports package. You'd have to tempt me with a lot more than F1 to make me subscribe into Murdoch's empire!

Just read about it AutoSport.. I think.. magazine with a lovely list, in laymens terms:

• BBC will be showing half the races LIVE (old news) but its possible the races will be shown in full, later on that day, same with other sessions, so that just means avoiding any form of news bulletin.
  • Sky will have NO advert breaks throughout the race, which is surprising news!
  • Speculated that first race of the season will be on Sky.
  • Also USA (new race to 2012) to be shown on Sky.

Kinda lame.