Janspeed / Kam-Racing exhaust system

micp

Just looking on Kam-Racing at the following exhaust:

Janspeed Exhaust

^ Just wondering what peoples experiences are with these? What's the noise level like?

Also, I've also seen Kam do their own GTI exhaust - Kam-Racing Exhaust

I was looking at the twin tail piped so it looks as OEM as possible.

Has anyone got this fitted? I'm also guessing the one with the silencer in the centre section will be a lot quiter than the other?

Cheers guys.

^ relevant to my interests

There's a few videos on Youtube as I'm also planning a new exhaust!! But they all sound tinny/quiet, not sure if it's cameraphone quality or the exhaust!

I've got lots of prices for custom ones but would rather know what sound I'm getting.

I have just had a manifold back system Made and installed by pipeworx, sounds meaty at idle I can't really hear it over the induction on day to day basis unless I'm going through a tunnel! I can send you a picture if like,

Regards

Angelo

Edited by angelo77

Mine goes in to AAS late August. Local to us (Newcastle)and very good. Will be going twin box and OEM tailpipes as I want to keep it as quiet and stealthy as possible.

Give me a shout late early September if you want to check it out.

Mine goes in to AAS late August. Local to us (Newcastle)and very good. Will be going twin box and OEM tailpipes as I want to keep it as quiet and stealthy as possible.

I was recommended to AAS expensive but quality of work is AMAZING! Also search Lupo GTI AAS on youtube and the sound :wub: :wub: :wub: he's on here forgot his username.

when I went and spoke to ACR about the engine conversion they spoke so highly about AAS.... in honesty if I'd had more money at the time that's where I'd of gone.... I spoke to them last week about doing a system for mine told the guy (can't remember his name) but my god did the guy no his s h i t... Quoted me £800 give or take a £10 from turbo back! Expensive but 100% worth it. From what andy at ACR said it's about the bends and the way they make it so easy for the gases to escape and with the right back pressure to get the best gains possible. The fact they told me the beginning of September to even attempt a look and measure of mine speaks volumes. There that booked up...

I was recommended to AAS expensive but quality of work is AMAZING! Also search Lupo GTI AAS on youtube and the sound :wub: :wub: :wub: he's on here forgot his username.

doesn't sounds any better than the Janspeed TBH

Late early?

Cheers for the information chaps.

Might look in to the AAS custom system, what prices would I be looking at for this? For a full new system?

There's not much point in spending that kind of money on an exhaust for a standard Lupo.

At the end of the day, they are only a glorified powerflow dealer.

They dont do any testing on their systems, as every one is bespoke, unlike supersprint/janspeed/scorpion etc etc who have done extensive research into what works best for every car for all of their range.

No way would i be spending £1k for an exhaust for a standard car.

It's a different story if it's turbo'd/charged/ITB'd as it will need a larger exhaust bore, which is not readily available from the big brands.

Tis meeee!

Heres the dyno sound too

Also Im the complete opposite, from what I've seen go into that workshop I trust them fully, they know their stuff!

Mines booked in to complete the work and its just to say scraped £1000 when you look at it. (yikes! never thought about that) But everyone I know and have heard it says it sounds unreal so im happy.

Also the Janspeed one looks gash tailpipes are too close together, mine looks better than factory and only just abit bigger than standard.

Edited by 221_matty

Tis meeee!

Heres the dyno sound too

Also Im the complete opposite, from what I've seen go into that workshop I trust them fully, they know their stuff!

Mines booked in to complete the work and its just to say scraped £1000 when you look at it. (yikes! never thought about that) But everyone I know and have heard it says it sounds unreal so im happy.

Also the Janspeed one looks gash tailpipes are too close together, mine looks better than factory and only just abit bigger than standard.

That sounds sweet.

Looking at your plate I'm sure I recognise the car.

Do you know Bailey? I'm pretty sure he's mentioned you to me before.

If you do I'm popping up your way to hear and see this in person!

And screw paying what supersprint charge for their systems!

The guy at meercat does exhausts for a lot of the all star jdm drift cars, used to do Colin Mcraes exhaust and he makes the entire systems for the red victor series vauxhalls. If he doesnt know what he is doing i dont know who does.

He recenty done a 3inch cat back system for my mates megane f1 team. Took him over 9 hours as it was such a ball ache to do and still only charged him £380. The welding on it was superb,i will get some pictures of it.

Cant wait for him to do mine.

Colin McRae

If you don't know who Colin McRae is then you have no right being on this website! The Scottish rally legend is a regular visitor at Meercat Exhausts as we have been building exhaust and manifold system for his rally cars for a number of years now. Being one of the most demanding drivers in the world means that everytime he starts his engine our custom stainless steel exhaust system is put through the most torturous of drives. If our systems can stand up to the challenge of a WRC superstar then you can be assured that your own car's system will stand up to whatever you can throw at it.

Is this the REAL Colin McRae?

Zero Exhausts in Kent are also very good.

• 4 weeks later...