lulu my lupo!

sammy-jo

my boyf bought her for me for xmas off a friend, got no engine at the mo as she seized the engine so were gonna put a new engine in..

needs new wheels i have no idea what these ones are lol

remove window tints

replace the seats as the person before welded these ones in i think there rover seats but theyve been welded in wonky so you slant to the left as you drive (luckily i havent passed my test yet)

new front drivers side wing

needs a really thourough clean and tidy up

remove the shopping trolley/door dents

steam clean the inside as its grubby inside but when shes done she'll be bootiful :)

188.jpg

Edited by sammy-jo

There not starlites I have 2 sets of those lol one with Porsche centre caps and one vw centrecaps someone said they look like mini wheels but I dunno haha I haven't got plans to sell them yet but will do soon as I find some I want... I shouldnt admit this on a public forum but I am drawn to ronal teddys lol

they do look abit like starlite what size are they

i think there 14s to be honest shes been shut in the garage since ive bought it! till we have the money for the engine!

have just looked it up on the internet after all that lol mine are vw starlites painted graphite

the other ones i have are bbs rx2s that are often reffered to as starlites! my bad!

• 2 weeks later...

took her out the garage for the first time since december decided to spray a few bits and give her some tlc!

decided on audi ibis white for the interior parts i wanted to spray undecided about laquering it tho at the mo

IMG_1256.jpg

IMG_1255.jpg

IMG_1250.jpg

replaced the dodgy bodged rover leather seats

IMG_1252.jpg

IMG_1254.jpg

just need to replace all the light grey interior plastic with dark grey and ill be happy till i get my engine lol

I'm seriously considering the 1.6 gti engine again lol especially with the probs the 1.4 has after all the searching we've done I don't wanna have to then do it all again if it goes bang lol plus I need to replace the gearbox too as it has a 1.0 gearbox at the mo and I've been offered engine and gearbox from a friend...

Lupo1 could you pm me details and what else you might be able to get please :)

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah the engines out of a polo the bloke I got it off is a friend and good with wiring so all the loom should go straight in and got all the immobiler bits pedal box and exhaust too :) took the blown engine out today just need an engine hoist to Put the new engine in :) so excited!!

• 2 weeks later...

latest update!

my little car was towed to where we could work on it better! this is her before we took her apart!

iphone181.jpg

old engine still in!

iphone182.jpg

bumpers off!

iphone183.jpg

engine nearly out!

iphone186.jpg

new gti engine in!! looks so pretty! just need to get the wiring done and she'll be runnin!

iphone214.jpg

a friend of mine had it from his old polo, got the engine gearbox pedal box exhaust all with it :) took 1hr45 to get the old one out and 2 hours to put the new one in minus doing the wiring which is going to be done at the end of the month! cant wait to get her runnin!

• 2 weeks later...

decided to change my interior over from the light grey to dark grey to match my seats!

old light grey

courtney603.jpg

old carpet taken out as you can see from the pic it was pretty grubby from the previous owner

courtney605.jpg

new lower door cards ( the light grey top cards im covering)

courtney609.jpg

carpet after a good steam clean!!

courtney611.jpg

nearly complete! just need to finish the wiring so we can put all the dash back in :)

courtney614.jpg

• 1 month later...

been a while since i updated this!

engine and wiring is now complete!

083.jpg

decided to clean her before she went back in the garage! not so fed up with it now its clean! everyone said id hate this car before i loved it....and i did....seemed like everytime i looked at it i spotted something else that needed doing! but now shes clean all the problems with the bodywork dont look as bad!

056.jpg

also decided to get some nice wheels so after seeing bickertons lupo i decided i needed fondmetals in my life so bought these! not quite the same and gonna need pcd adaptors to get these to fit but hopefully will be worth it!!

075-1.jpg

074-2.jpg