removal of black-gooey-sticky-CRAP

VWLupoRallyTypeX

Im sure your all over it but, your car is gonna be a wet place when it rains, and have yer tried a hairdryer to soften it then scrape it with something plastic?

Im sure your all over it but, your car is gonna be a wet place when it rains, and have yer tried a hairdryer to soften it then scrape it with something plastic?

oh dude, tell me about it!! took it through morrisons car wash other day and it was like my feet were paddling!! haha

and hmmmmm, i never actually thought of that :| thanks mate, ill give it a try!!

What i have seen with many stripped cars is:

You could cut the entire inner shell of the door out so you had a big hole and then get a big carbon panel made up to cover the whole thing, loads going on ebay, custom made.

if you get the residue of the membrane off you may need sticky stuff remover to get off the adhesive.

forgive me if im kinda thick, but which bit is the door membrane? :(

im stripping all the car :) got some plans for it ;)

But it doesnt weigh anything and now youll get wet when you rally in the rain :P

But it doesnt weigh anything and now youll get wet when you rally in the rain :P

b,b,b,buttt im not having any door bits in :(, so i thought i may aswell take it out :(

aaahh daym it :(

Hi mate, I can recommend WD 40 for removing the remaining sticky stuff, once you have scraped the thick off with a Plastic Type card like a Tecso card or similar!

Ok

Gav

Hi mate, I can recommend WD 40 for removing the remaining sticky stuff, once you have scraped the thick off with a Plastic Type card like a Tecso card or similar!

Ok

Gav

cheers mate!! :)

WD40 is on the case!!

Depends how slick you want it looking but you could tape some plastic into place. Lol i did this but its behind my dorcards so not visible. The previous owner had cut the membrane out to put ****ty speakers in, when i put mine in i made a membrane from plastic sheet (rubble sack sorta stuff) bathroom sealant and duct tape, cant see a thing and i no longer have water in the car :)

• 2 weeks later...

furniture polish or car polish works really well let it dry into the black crap and as it drys it will just scrape off easily with a plastic scraper! my boyf uses autoglym super resin polish lol works a treat! same for gettin tints off the windows!

Do you still have the foams that were stuck on with this stuff? im looking for one for my upper passenger panel

they get wrecked when you remove them

they get wrecked when you remove them

:/ i know, before i owned mine someone had completely cut out the foam, and now the door pin just sits in the door gap and rattles as it holds it in place.

:(:angry:

just thought he might have removed it so it was either salvageable for me to stick onto mine