Sump Guard or Shallow Sump!

If you've still got the plastic undertray fitted take it off & get a (min 3mm thick) piece of metal cut to cover the sump area, rivet it onto the tray using washers on the other side so it doesnt pull off. Refit the tray & let that take the abuse.

On a sport it won't be your sump that's taking the battering, it'll be the driveshaft hitting the chassis legs and the subframe hitting the ground you can hear.

^^^ yep iv got a sport and ran it daily quite low and it never touched the sump although i find that the cat takes a battering since i notched the chassis the tdi sit very low though

Had a good look under the car after smashing something very hard on the floor and it looks like my lower wishbones and subframe are touching the floor all the time, and my driveshafts are rubbing the chassis alot so i'm gunna need a notch there.

Also it looks as if the driveshafts are rubbing the back of the sump seal? Anyone had problems with this before?

Lalb3N, yes the car is stupid low, i have just a spring in the rear and coils all the way down with the adjusters out of 14's with stupid stretch. Now i can't get into morrisons car park as i folded my entire front splitter under itself cracking both my fog lights :(

lol sounds unbelievably stupid...

i do not understand the scraping the floor carry on one bit, shoot me down in flames if you like

theres a simple solution, raise the car up ;)

Edited by Big Jase

• 1 month later...

I like your dedication to the lowlife Mr Moley!! Mine has miles to go on the front coils and still scrapes stuff everywhere!- can't get mine lower yet though- my adjusters are seized!

But hopefully getting them off and in a vice soon!