De wipering help

LUIGI

yes i know only i could mess the most simple thing up, i dont know if this has happened to you but all help appreciated,

so followed guide on here but cant get the actual wiper arm off? it says on the guide it should waggle off but cant get it. any other way to get his off.

can supply pics if it would help

Unbolt the motor form the back, take bolt off the arm and gently tap the centre it with a rubber hammer.

Should work, oh I hold no responsibility if you put your window through.. :D

Soak the spline in WD40 to loosen it off. Then try removing it again, it will come off eventually.

Wiggling it from side to side won't really help as the shaft and wiper arm are splined.

If that still doesn't work, saw through the shaft behind the wiper arm and then remove everything from the inside of the boot.

The splined section is the metal shaft which goes through the metal section of the wiper arm.

You could also try applying a bit of heat to the shaft, but not too much or you could damage the glass, paintwork or seals on the window.

I had the same issue (but it didnt snap off) Just kept soaking wd40 it in and it came off eventually. Mine had been on there for ten years probably!

Do you know anyone with a puller?

WD40 and lever gently with a claw hammer. PLace some cardboard between hammer and glass and be careful, very careful.

Actually, just cut it 'cause seeing as you snapped the arm, there's every chance you are going to end up with a boot full of glass.