new speakers foul door cards!

installed 165mm speakers using a adaptor plate from autoleads but when i went to refit the door card it wont sit flush against the door because the card fouls the speaker.

cant see anyone else having had this problem, just looks like i have to do some major plastic cutting on the back of the door card.

any ideas?

i was as surprised as you two! and yes iv put the speakers in the same holes as the existing ones. cant understand it.

the original speakers arnt 165, the bolt holes are but the speakers were the same diameter as the actual hole in the door.

photo0627x.jpg

thats the original, see how the actual speaker isnt 165 but the base is.

luponew121.jpg

the new ones are 165mm all the way up, not just at the base.

this cant be any different than what other member have done on here but havnt heard about people struggling to put there cards back on.

are there a batch of door cards out there that are different? odd!

Edited by Richud

heres a pic of just how much they foul, it looks like im gonna have to remove everything left of that red line! i cannot be the only person to encounter this problem?

luponew.jpg

I reckon it'll be the lip on the metal ring. I changed mine in the Arosa and 16.5" were fine and dandy. The mounting ring was flat though.

iv got them back on now cheers, just required a bit of work with a stanley knife and also needed to bend the matal bar in the middle lol.

i had the same problem with my lupo, in the end i used a dremel tool like a mine grinder... and the plastic edge which wasn't needed or necessary, i just took of.. now fits snug... plus using the dremel did not make it look crap... it was still all clean and smooth... hope this helps...