my lupo

hi people! im concerned about my lupo sport, its seems to be burning oil but there is no smoke coming out the back :/ it runs fine and the oli light doesnt come on or enything, i topped her up with oli the other day i have done 21 miles and and there is hardelys no oil in the dipstick when i checked today :( eny advise would be spot on thank you very much! cheers :)

hi people! im concerned about my lupo sport, its seems to be burning oil but there is no smoke coming out the back :/ it runs fine and the oli light doesnt come on or enything, i topped her up with oli the other day i have done 21 miles and and there is hardelys no oil in the dipstick when i checked today :( eny advise would be spot on thank you very much! cheers :)

Did you check the oil level when the car was warm? and did u check it was at a good level after u topped it up before, maybe u didnt put much in?

cheers for getting back people yeah checked my oli when it was warm so i topped it up it smells like its burning oil but its not throwing eny smoke out the back when i fire her up its not smokey when i drive her too should i use thicker oil?

or either valve stem oil seals

common problems

have a look over on briskoda.net

lots more info over there as the 1.4 16v 100bhp is commonly used in the fabia mk1!

see if you can get in touch with a lad called MoggyTech he will help you out :shades:

Edited by Big Jase

or either valve stem oil seals

common problems

have a look over on briskoda.net

lots more info over there as the 1.4 16v 100bhp is commonly used in the fabia mk1!

see if you can get in touch with a lad called MoggyTech he will help you out :shades:

And what does Moggytech do about them?

To the OP.. Your problem is VERY common on the 1.4 engines, you could try thicker oil, but will probably fail on emisions at your next MOT if your burning that much oil. Keep it topped up as you fill probably blow it up if it runs dry.

Moggytech is a person

Skoda tech and knows basically everything...

He will be able to advise exactly what can be done about it how much time and what the op will likely have to pay to fix the problem

Edited by Big Jase

21 mile sand you have emptied it of oil , im certain you would be kicking loads of blue smoke, are you sure your sump hasnt cracked .

If the oil is making its way past the rings and into the combustion chamber you would certainly notice black/blue smoke when driving, as the only place for the oil to go is back out the exhaust valves after it has been burnt.

Get somoone to follow you down the road while you give it hell through the gears. If there is no smoke, i would think that the rings would be okay.

As said, check for oil leaks. Get the car warm, then park it on a nice flat, smooth, clean surface, leave it to cool down for a few hours and see if there are any splodges of oil on the road/driveway.

Also, see what your inlet system is like in terms of cleanliness. Clean out any potentially blocked breathers.