Gti door creaking when closed

mini-man-dan

more than likely needs a new door check strap, which is the part that stops the door from opening too far. Over a period of time, the hole that the screw goes through onto the a-pillar gets too big, and makes the door sound like its creaking when you close or open it.

Part number is 6E0 837 249 C and they retail at £20.22 inc vat from VW

Tighten the bolt, its a 12mm, just get a spanner and a ratchet easily done, mine made an aweful craking sound where it was sort of jumping, tighthen that up now its quiet as anything :) try that, will be cheaper than buying a strap, and at the end of the day if it dont work, then nothings lost.

You on about the door card creaking? My passenger door card does it from near the locking pin. Replaced the clips but still does it. Im going to felt tape around the clips soon and see if this makes a difference. Boot has bumpstops that can be wound in and out iirc. Wind them out a touch and see if the boot creek stops. Could be the boot trim though as my one was also fairly noisey - especially with the sub going! Again i fitted new clips, felt tape around the points where the trim touches the body, crytox grease on the seals and loft insulation in the boot to deaden it. Can only hear a slight rattle if you listen carefully but im pretty sure thats the parcel shelf as it doesnt fit very well.

• 7 months later...

How do you remove the door check straps ?

Do you have to remove the lower door cars/speaker to get them out ??

I have a new set I got from Lupoboz as the cracking noise is doing my head in..