Can you tint front side windows?

LupoRich1992

You can as long as 70% of light is transmitted............so with the tint that exists in the glass already you are at about 80% already ...........so no............its at drivers risk

Tint on top of the tinted glass would make it too dark in the eyes of the law.

They must allow 70% of light through, a very very light tint may pass.

If you dont take the piss you will probably be ok - I have never seen anyone with any kit to measure the transparency of windows. If you get pulled into a VOSA checkpoint they will make you take it off though.

It's only the police and VOSA that have light meters i believe, it isn't an mot thing

You would have to be very unlucky to get pulled by a Police Officer that has the kit. Certainly round these parts anyway!

You would have to be very unlucky to get pulled by a Police Officer that has the kit. Certainly round these parts anyway!

very common here.

I thought all traffic cars had the equipment.

They must allow 70% of light through, a very very light tint may pass.

If you dont take the piss you will probably be ok - I have never seen anyone with any kit to measure the transparency of windows. If you get pulled into a VOSA checkpoint they will make you take it off though.

Down here they used to regularly go to car meets (thurrock,brigton,southend) with the meters

Personally tinting windows infront of the b pillar shouts drug dealer/chav

It will end up looking like a **** jap import if you get it wrong with the back 3.