EGR BLOCKING PLATE £5 POSTED

egcivicjoe

If you read that link it will tell you abit more in depth but basicly the egr valve (exhaust gas return) uses used gas's from your exhaust and puts them back through your engine. Which isnt to good to be honest. It reduces combustion and can make your engine not run rite if they fail. But unfortuently gti's do not have egr valves. I know that 1.4 16v have them but not to sure on other engines. Blanking them off with just make your engine run abit better and keeps it cleaner for longer.

You will get a light on the dash, no limp mode as the Lupo doesn't have it.

Well bright spark I think you will find lupo's do have limp mode, if the egr valve is diconeccted it will run at reduced revs which I think you will find sounds suspiciously like limp mode!! :)

You will get a light on the dash, no limp mode as the Lupo doesn't have it.

yes it does lupo ecu have limpo mode uses the electronic ignition to only fire at tickover speed so when you use the throttle it does work still uses more fuel though.

dont believe me try it out for yourself

i have a 1.4s 16v 75 small horses and my car has these kind of problems you speak of i blanked off the egr valve earlyer and there was no difference what so ever. i also unplugged the egr valve and the sensor that runs of it and im still having problems does anyone know of anything else or specific info on limp mode ?

my car has no lights on the dash atall ( e.g. engine light)

drives fine up to 4,000 rpm then looses all power.

if you dont no the problem please ask someone else or direct me their way

thankyou !

• 3 weeks later...

i have a 1.4s 16v 75 small horses and my car has these kind of problems you speak of i blanked off the egr valve earlyer and there was no difference what so ever. i also unplugged the egr valve and the sensor that runs of it and im still having problems does anyone know of anything else or specific info on limp mode ?

my car has no lights on the dash atall ( e.g. engine light)

drives fine up to 4,000 rpm then looses all power.

if you dont no the problem please ask someone else or direct me their way

thankyou !

that could sound like crank sensor or compression lost. try your plugs leads coil etc make sure its sparking properly.

when my piston rings went mine would rev it and would just splutter past 5500 revs.

egr valves are only open/in use during 2Krevs -4K revs so it would be this thats stopping it rev after 4K