Boot light and alarm!!!! Help!

qwaps

Hi, my alarm is going mental! All my neighbours must be screwing! I need my sleep, how do I shut her up til the morning, and I'm not referring to the misses.

Notice the boot light on dash had starting to illuminate slowly in the afternoon. Now the alarm keeps going off.

Bought the car in November, it has receipts (from VW Leicester) for work carried out for an investigation into boot light and alarm going off, its has been in on two occasion with this issue. This was in 3 months ago! Supposedly all wiring looms have been changed apparently. The rear wash wiper has been fixed. So why is alarm going off??

As I'm a new owner will the work still be under warranty and still be valid at my local vw dealer in Bedford as opposed to Leciester?? Anyone know?

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers lads. Think I sorted it. Light is off for now. Good job I had the day off today. Ended up leaving the keys on with ignition turned. Put a towel over the instrument panel to hide lights and blocked the gti in with the my misses car!

The washer pipe had come away. Spent all morning stripping and drying the wires, sensors etc. I have taped up both washer pipes to connecters (located rear in boot and side of car behind speaker). Fingers cross I sleep better tonight!

Cheers

i had the same problem for hmmm nearly a couple of months now. finally got round to having a look today (what can i say?! im a busy man :lol: )

the bar that comes out the bottom of the switch had popped out its little locator hole thingy in the lock mechanism. just incase anyone else has the same problem!

the car always thought the boot was open so the alarm went skits thinking someone was opening it. didnt ever wake me up but my parents got abit pissy over it :coffee:

Edited by benh198

Hi,i had this problem a few years ago.............mine was doing exactly the same thing. You mentioned you had the rear wiper motor replaced well that is one thing,the washer pipe splits and leaks on to the latch and shorting it out on the connection.Also check the boot handle for corrosion etc etc causing a water leak.

check the lilttle plug on the latch right at thebottom of the boot,take it off inspect mine had corrosion from the water i sprayed wd40 and fixed the problem and that will explain the dim boot light etc and alarm hope this helps.