Paisley Freight

Clairey Fairy

Hello Strangers B)

It's been a very long time since I had something delivered by Paisley - I'm looking to get 4 wheels (with tyres fitted) lifted and shifted but can't remember the "rules" with regards to wrapping them to Paisley's liking etc.

Does anyone here know for sure how they need to be wrapped/boxed/4 seperate/all 4 stacked together etc? I have emailed them but as ever I'm a very impatient person and i'd like to know before Monday :P

TIA,

Clairey

(The original one!!!)

Hello Strangers B)

It's been a very long time since I had something delivered by Paisley - I'm looking to get 4 wheels (with tyres fitted) lifted and shifted but can't remember the "rules" with regards to wrapping them to Paisley's liking etc.

Does anyone here know for sure how they need to be wrapped/boxed/4 seperate/all 4 stacked together etc? I have emailed them but as ever I'm a very impatient person and i'd like to know before Monday :P

TIA,

Clairey

(The original one!!!)

You could just box them, or as they have tyres, cover the faces of the wheel and tyres with circles of cardboard and tape. Best having them indervidual as you select the number of packets in the options.

They collected a set of wheels from me last week, then tried a further two times to collect them(By this time the buyer had recieved them), looking at the tracking now, they still have not been collected!! lol.

Thanks James.

I notice from the website there is an "Alloy Wheel" option which mentions nothing about weight, packaging etc only that there is a 17" limit, or there is as you mentioned an option where you add each parcel individually by weight and dimentions. I'm guessing it won't make a difference as to how i book it?

I was thinking bubblewrap all round and a flat cardboard bit to protect the face should suffice.

Oooo i'm quite excited now......:)

Thanks James.

I notice from the website there is an "Alloy Wheel" option which mentions nothing about weight, packaging etc only that there is a 17" limit, or there is as you mentioned an option where you add each parcel individually by weight and dimentions. I'm guessing it won't make a difference as to how i book it?

I was thinking bubblewrap all round and a flat cardboard bit to protect the face should suffice.

Oooo i'm quite excited now......:)

There is a wheel and tyre option £27.99? or something and a alloy wheel option £25.00. TBH they only guesstimate the size and weights and baulk book a courier based on that. You could use either and get away with it. Citylink came for mine.

When I've done it I packaged two wheels together. Cardboard between the wheels, faces together, wrapped in a binliner and taped up.

Didn't use Paisley though last time. Think it might have been when I posted your wheels actually, Clairey.

He was a prick on the phone, I didn't pay him, booked with someone else, then Paisley's courier turned up the next day anyway. :lol:

I sent a set of wheels off through them yesterday, 2 in one box with a cardboard protecting the face in the middle, and 2 in another. I sent another set last week in a similar sort of fashion, but didn't know how i was going to package them at the time so i put down 4 parcels when in fact i only gave them 2, they didn't mind.

and a few weeks back i sent a set with tyres, just like phil did, two together, one on top of the other with card in the middle, binliner wrapped around then abused them with parcel tape.I honestly don't think it matters how you do it :)

Edited by BaileyVW

You could use either and get away with it.

Coolness, well just to be safe i think i'll go with the £27.99 option purely because it should do what it says on the tin....

Didn't use Paisley though last time. Think it might have been when I posted your wheels actually, Clairey.

He was a prick on the phone

This doesn't fill me with much confidence - I don't like Pricks :lol: Indeed it was for your old wheels - they're not going anywhere though, now that they're painted in Audi Laser Red they look seriously hot.

I honestly don't think it matters how you do it :)

Sweet, well as long as they're safe-ish and actually make it to the front door then i'll be happy. They're not exactly mint condition - most of their life has been spent outside in the bleak Scottish winter.......... :)

I'll try and keep you posted. If anyone actually gives a rats arse :lol:

I just sent a set of four sport alloys with Tyres and all I did was put cardboard on the face of the alloy taped it down then well wrapped it with black bags and parcel taped them really well. They took them no questions asked! But then on the point of them coming back after the parcel has been picked up I agree they have tried picking said wheels up 4 times now since Monday lol

When I've done it I packaged two wheels together. Cardboard between the wheels, faces together, wrapped in a binliner and taped up, they were happy with that and have sent several sets of wheels this way

Wat is Ur attitude about idiot

It doesnt take a genius to notice clairey and rich have both been members since 2007, and clairey in her first post admitted to not being on here for ages , hence why she was asked "& you are ?" in jest as to infer she has been gone so long we have forgotten who she was.