mphgooses yellow sport - Car sold and parts now for sale

mphgoose

Seeing as my last post here was just to show some pics when i got the car i thought id start a proper thread, progress will probably be slowish due to lack of funds (student tongue.gif ) but there will be progress!

So here it is how i got it when i picked it up

125.jpg

124.jpg

129.jpg

and today these arrived

001.jpg

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

JOM coilies, cheap but they should do the job. Hopefully going to fit them sunday!

Also got these delivered

002.jpg

Only 10mm and no decent rims to show off yet but hopefully sooooon. Also im guessing ill need longer bolts for them.

Ordered a few stickers too so theyll be going on shortly. Next plans are decent wheels whenever i find/can afford them and maybe a roof rack. Also spraying the badges soon.

Thanks for looking!

Edited by mphgoose

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great colour! Let us know how you find the coilovers as I've been looking at them recently. Lovely looking car.:)

Jake

Thanks buddy! Yeah ill let you know as soon as i get them on, should be within the next week. Had a quick peek at your build thread the other day btw looks mint! And as you say, good colour ;)

Ah bad times! Itll come along before too long though im sure, a lot of it is luck on the day i think but if you can show confidence in your driving and make as few mistakes as possible im sure youll pass. I passed first time but i was kinda lucky, i panicked and made loads of silly mistakes.

I know the spacers are only 10mm but there aren't hub centric so to be safe I;d get some slightly longer bolts when you come to fitting them.

I'll alweays have a soft spot for a yellow Lupo, just makes me think of my first one :)

Well, failed fitting the coilies today. The one tool I didn't have access to seemed to be a 21mm swan neck spanner. Which is needed to get the top mounts off. So i'll try and get hold of one and try again next weekend. Might go and fit some stickers now so I can say I did something slightly productive :P

Coilies are finally fitted! One of the rear ones isnt right yet though, the top mount is as tight as it will go but still reallllly loose and rattles and bounces everywhere so ill get that looked at and get it tracked tomorrow. Also the front is too low as i cant get up my drive properly :P and the back is waaaaay too high so ill get that sorted.

Heres some pics

005.jpg

002-1.jpg

001-1.jpg

Just dropped it off at the garage to get the dodgy rear top mount sorted and get it all tracked up. The mechanic (a VW enthusiast) laughed at how low the front is XD

And now that its back from the garage and everything is set up this is how it looks -

e787487a.jpg

9b7296f4.jpg

The rear DEFINATELY needs to go lower, i guess ill have to take the adjusters out. Opinions?

Next on the list is definately a set of decent rims, not sure what yet though and ill be saving for them i think.