ap coilovers

forsh21

Hi,

After my last post on here i did say i was getting rid of the lupo to get a fabia vrs but in the end couldn't do it love ma lupo to much, so i'm going to spend abit of money on her.

i'm after some new coilovers, now i know people on here say go for the KW's but as anyone got ap coilovers on there lupo and if so what they like?

cheers

Edited by forsh21

I've got them on my GTi...had them about a year now and seem great to me, especially for the price. I've not got anything to compare to either but if there is such a thing they feel solid on the car and drive fluidly with some but much less bodyroll than the standard setup.

Just put mine on the other day, ok roads are still wet but i find it very skittish over little bumps (even after all tracking etc proffessionally sorted), and ride quality IS bumpy (though i cant compare), especially when you live down lanes and all the local roads are full of potholes etc. I now notice bumps i never did before, but come summer they may hopefully soften slightly, as u can see in my sig they are still relatively high.

I fitted the rears before the fronts and tbh, i would say it was a far better feeling to drive, less roll and a really good feeling of control. I now have almost eliminated front roll by fitting the fronts too, but the feeling of control i had over the car isnt quite so strong, it doesnt feel so stable, maybe it will come back in time... if i were to buy again i would just go for lowering springs and keep the front shocks due to the sheer bumpiness in our area (ap's would be fine in a smoother town/city), and i would buy a pair of ap rear dampers and run it with just those. Probs why ppol like the rear anti-roll bar cos it makes the back stiffer than the front.

Currently im not overly impressed, but i will reserve my full judgement for a while longer till the roads dry up and i get a chance to stick it round Castle Combe.

went to fit my new coilovers tonight and noticed that on the rear adjuster it doesn't have anything to lock it in place, on the front it as a alan key which when you set the height you lock it in place by tighting this up. I'm wondering if thats what there all like now as my FK's have the lock nut.

cheers

when you get them on pal and they have settled will you post up how they compare to the fk's and if you can get them as low as the fk's as i to am going to change to AP's. pics would be a big help too :)

Fitted the coilovers think I've gone abit to low on the front tho I'm getting a banging noise which I can only think is the drive shafts hitting the body of the car, the back didn't go as low as I fort it would really il post some pictures up.