Lupo 20v

V3 1UPO

Never once said they were there are 1.0 lupos on here that are 10x better than my car as it's said in my members cars thread it's a work in progress! I Like it n with work it will be how I want it. N if that takes another 5-10 grand then so b it it's a project car and it's already got alot of things going for it so Ur opinions are quite happily not wanted kinda makes me think y ppl ask for help on here wen there's ppl like u who Mock, take the piss then play it all down as banter I Neva asked your opinion about the lupo so keep it!

When you can spell properly and type intelligible sentences I may take some advice from you. Until then, do not make comments about people being jealous as most aren't. I'm sure you love your car which is great and I have no doubts in how good it could be if you are happy to put money into it. You're welcome to ask questions (preferably typed in English rather than text spk). But sometimes, questions are so simple to find the answer to on google and so asking them on here can make you look like a bit of a wally.

I described it as banter because it WAS banter. It's called having a joke, so calm down.

Good luck with your progress-I'd be asking for my money back from that garage though as some of your values are actually worse AFTER the 'alignment' was done.

Edited by NOCK

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As dead metal has advised me I will be takin it back with the bolts they asked for and not leaving until it's at zero both sides or as close as! Happy with with my writing now?

Good idea, and yes...a million times better!

I don't really understand why you insulted his grammar or knowledge. So he is a little less clues up on camber and toe. If he has never came across it before how do u expect to know what it is. It's called Learning. Every one does it. It's not as if you could pick up an SA80 A2 rifle and know how to use it. Yet I don't mock u. The reason he asked for help is to help himself expand his knowledge.

I don't really understand why you insulted his grammar or knowledge. So he is a little less clues up on camber and toe. If he has never came across it before how do u expect to know what it is. It's called Learning. Every one does it. It's not as if you could pick up an SA80 A2 rifle and know how to use it. Yet I don't mock u. The reason he asked for help is to help himself expand his knowledge.

Google wouldn't be able to teach me something physical. But it would tell me what camber is. A pretty unfounded comparison really. Your uses of 'u' is rather irritating too.

Yes but I was using it as an example. And my most sincere apologies for not being able to please you sir. Just because some one doesn't understand something does not give you the right to take the Mick out of them. And I'm pretty sure camber is something physical as it is on a car.

Yes but I was using it as an example. And my most sincere apologies for not being able to please you sir. Just because some one doesn't understand something does not give you the right to take the Mick out of them. And I'm pretty sure camber is something physical as it is on a car.

Being impartial: I think he means it's not an object, you can't hold a camber, you cant sell your camber etc..

Its "an outward inclination of the front wheels of a road vehicle so that they are slightly closer together at the bottom than at the top"

:)

NOCK, consider this a warning. Your bickering is irritating me. coffee.gif

It takes two to bicker.

Being impartial: I think he means it's not an object, you can't hold a camber, you cant sell your camber etc..

Its "an outward inclination of the front wheels of a road vehicle so that they are slightly closer together at the bottom than at the top"

:)

Correct you are. Google can't teach you how to hold a gun as it's something that needs instruction/coaching.

In all honesty NOCK has quite blatanly narked the life outta me. Im over that. I Neva expected, wanted any of the chew that has now came up from me asking for help with the results of my whole check at the garage! I honestly didn't no about the whole thing with camber as I never experienced it before I put Coilovers on. So my bad for not understanding it all! And as for google im not gonna look at that wen i can ask the question on here and get the answers i need ( as in thick language) i am now a lot wiser

to the knowing of it from the help I received on here which I thank u for, much appreciated. Can we please now leave leave all the bickering? As other people reading my thread if there interested in it won't think much of it.....

Thanks Gareth

P.s thanks for info on camber booked back in next week with a ear bashing and the showing of what people have said and the threat of trading standards so thanks.

In all honesty NOCK has quite blatanly narked the life outta me. Im over that. I Neva expected, wanted any of the chew that has now came up from me asking for help with the results of my whole check at the garage! I honestly didn't no about the whole thing with camber as I never experienced it before I put Coilovers on. So my bad for not understanding it all! And as for google im not gonna look at that wen i can ask the question on here and get the answers i need ( as in thick language) i am now a lot wiser

to the knowing of it from the help I received on here which I thank u for, much appreciated. Can we please now leave leave all the bickering? As other people reading my thread if there interested in it won't think much of it.....

Thanks Gareth

P.s thanks for info on camber booked back in next week with a ear bashing and the showing of what people have said and the threat of trading standards so thanks.

Fine by me. I've not got a problem with you or anything, I just like a bit of banter. And to be fair, I think I was the first person to try and answer your question? Let's hope the garage sort it out this time, as having uneven camber and toe values will wear your tyres unevenly, which is never good. Good luck.

Like I said in my last comment I'm over it! But a little common courtesy to people asking for help as in helping them, or trying to help them. Other than saying or implying that there thick or look on google would go alot further! thanks for latter comment. And I'm hoping they can sort my car out and fix the issues I have other than that I think it cud be bent hubs or possibly something else which I'm hoping it's not. As dont need the hassle!

Gareth

• 2 weeks later...

jesus christ no wonder when you mention club lupo to people at meets etc. they say its full of pricks!

how come everytime someone asks a geniune question they just get "google it" or "google is your friend" if you knopw the answer then why not tell the lad?

iv asked a number of things and people have just said google it or use the search function, search function shows everything with the word in it so if you dont have time to trawl through the back log of people who have used the word "camber" in a thread its much easier to ask someone!

i thought this was a friendly forum where we could help eachother out with various types of knowledge etc. not just shoot someone down for spelling or not understanding camber, **** me i wouldnt understand that sheet neither!

Right lets draw a line under all of the bickering whining and moaning right now.

Anymore in this thread or relating to this thread elsewhere on the forum and I'll be getting the banstick out and I don't care who it is.

YOU HAVE ALL BEEN WARNED!

Man this thread has made the forum users look like a right bunch of cockerals. This guy has got a car with a lot of time and effort in it, shoot him down for not knowing the ins and outs, we all started somewhere! Those camber readings are basically all over the shop - -5degrees is BAD, -3 isnt better at all. Minus 1 degree on the front is acceptable from a handling setup point of view, but ideally 0 as it is basically neutral. Often with the cheaper sets there is no adjustment on the bolt holes, on my supersports i had to use a round file and elongate the holes to give more adjustment to the hub - sorted it right out ;)

Good luck mate, and i for one am envious. This must be an absolute weapon :shades:

Cheers Liam, in all honesty there bein excellent with it told me to bring it back with the bolts I need and they will get it as close to 0 as they can cheers for the advice tho

Gareth

The camber can be a right cock on to fix.

I had problems doing the toe in/toe out on mine, had to get new track rod ends before anyone would touch it.

Well the loop is finally going in the garage Tomoz to get the tracking and camber sorted out, been a while but it's the first real chance Iv had lol the guy promises me it will be sorted so I will see

just remembered I also managed to get some black interior bits, centre console, passenger side and both rear cubbyholes

why does the guy want new shock bolts? if your replacing them with genuine parts there going to be exactly the same. Try getting some camber bolts, they have a cam in and you can adjust the amount equally. Or if your shocks are similar to mine the bottom bolt hole is elongated so all they need to is loosen the two bolts, pull the hub out and retighten the bolts. and should be okay.

If your caster is out, the only way is to get adjustable top mounts. iirc

@ gib my bolts wernt original VW shock bolts so Iv got them and will hopefully sort it out I'm hoping anyway thanks for advice buddy

@ Alex nah mate I'm just dropping it off now they have said leave it with them for a few hours and they're gonna sort it I told them I wasn't happy and I want it as close to 0 as possible the guy I spoke to is in the SEAT 20 v owners club so he's assured me it's gonna be done properly or it's not leaving the garage! Do that's a good thing I suppose

Will let you no this afternoon buddy cheers