Lupo 20v

V3 1UPO

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little bit of an update, put all the dash back in looks so much better with it painted and laquered. Took all the air vents out flattened them off gloss blacked them then couple if good coats of laquer and back in. Sorted all the little rattles and creaks out that have been annoying me a while. Stripped all the rocker cover down and gonna polish that now here's a before pic

33602109.jpg

If I get it finished I'll put an after pic up

More updates on the loop got myself a GTI carpet today so spent all day removing the old light grey one

9bd1bb0b.jpg

4a2d6c7a.jpg

and replacing with a freshly hoovered and carpet washed dark grey one

>fa99e.jpg

After a quick jet wash today

335e200a.jpg

a436001b.jpg

9692f829.jpg

Had my golf turbo leather handbrake lying about in the garage so swapped that round to

a1f9f732.jpg

Took a couple of pics of how the dash n vents looks to

09c0571d.jpg

546f1f40.jpg

Made a gear gator out my golf 1 just mated the gearnob to the leather then mated the square base clip and here it is looks alot better than the ugly silver one that was in lol

fc209ec1.jpg

Edited by V3 1UPO

This bit just pops up n out

7e634610.jpg it's the bit at the top of the pic with the vents then the t shaped bit right at the top of the dash is plastic welded and if Ur careful and pop it up with the best tool I found was a tack remover as it has like a two pronged end pop up gently so u keep the weld attached

Then obviously paint ( numerous coats coz it gets warm) and laquer the same replace bur with the top piece nearest the window heat the plastic weldswith a heat gun not to much and slot back in original slots and push to try and get the weld over the slot so it can't budge mine haven't as yet

so hopefully they dont now if u get stuck pm me I'll Try nhelp u along the side vents the passenger one just pops out with a small flat blade screwdriver the drivers side gas light controls they were bit more difficult

Look underneath there's a torque screw undo that that casing will fall off remove dials they push out over remove all relays and pop out this one is a bit tricky tho so be carefull not to snap things hope this helps like I said pm I'll try n help more or if Ur local to me do it for u

Cheers fareth

Cheers gareth

Edited by V3 1UPO

Ur welcome there's not many of these so called helpers who actually will help

Only advice wen doin it be very gentle and invest in a tack pulled makes it so easier buddy

Any more help needed pm buddy goodluck with it

P.s where based at mate? If it close enough I'll give u hand

Yeah I'm trying to decide which one? also got an arosa back bumper to go on it. I want summat that growls little and mines a 3 " pipe all the way down from the turbo down pipe mines really loud like even louder at over s ton

Yeah buddy not a problem I will warn u tho the top t piece never really sits back in properly with it been plastic welded. Mine sits well enough tho nor that it bothers me just pm me wen u wanna do it n well sort it out

Cheers gareth