Insurance

Maxpolow

To be honest, I think you've done well with that quote.

When I turned 18 (nearly 4 years ago), my lowest quote was £3205 on a Lupo 1.4S

Looking back on it, I should have talked my old man into doing a multicar policy with me through Admiral. It saves me and the girl friend shed-loads of money now, and we both earn our NCB's on our individual cars.

Add your parents or some elders as named drivers, can help alot!

Admiral seem ok for young drivers, give them a go.

And I think confused.com was the cheapest and best comparison site I used when insurance shopping.

Oh, and congratulations on the test! ;)

DON'T front your insurance, as the company WILL investigate if they suspect all is not right.

Instead, try the comparison sites .Phase listed. Add female relatives with good driving histories, a girlfriend may work too. Try male relatives but this doesn't help as much. Also, make sure you aren't insuring for more miles than you will actually do, and that the value of the car is not more than it's actually worth. Find out if it's worth getting locking wheel nuts and a steering lock, include those as security accessories and USE them! It's all little things like this that will lower your risk level and hopefully bring the price down.

Once you have some quote ring each company and quote them against each other - also you can sometimes get an advisor who is pretty clued up and can give advise to get it down.

And the best tip - drive carefully and don't crash ;) That first years NCB can be worth a huge amount, mine got me 50% reduction in quotes!

Iv been getting quotes ready or march when i sell the GTi and hopefully get an R26 megane an admiral have been cheapest by a large margin! In march il be 22 with 4 years no claims and they quoted me 1600 quid fully comp, protected no claims, legal and windscreen cover, and upgraded courtesy car.... Well chuffed with that!