Lupo keys

My keys for my lupo are playing up and not locking or unlocking the car i have had my uncle who is a mechanic look at them and he says its the plip in side the key! Ideas how to get a plip thing or would i have to get it reprogrammed!!??

Argh, might be worth getting a new 'plip' that you speak of from ebay. There is a 'how-to' on how to reprogramme a key (as long as you have another one). If this is your only key then I would think that it'd be a trip to VW :(

Thats for the immobilisor though isnt it, so it would unlock the doors, just wont start the car

You know what, I hadn't actually thought about that. I'm 99% sure that you are right though.

Port182 have you tried using a spare key to open the car?

Edit: Unless by the plip he actually means the remote part of the key? As in, no signal is sent to the car when the buttons are pressed?

Edited by NOCK

Right i am not total sure what the plip thing is but yes my uncle told me its the chip inside the remote key. I can still open and close the car manualy but the alarm goes off cos off the immobilisor still on! Anyway i have bit the bullet and took it to vw there are puting in a new transmitter and encoding it costing me money i dont have!!