coming over from the polo side!

tidyjoe

i'm joe, everyone calls me tidy though!

decided to sell my 1.4 polo and found a 1.0 lupo which needs abit of love and attention. it's completely standard with some gash alloys on atm haha.

soon to be decked and get some nice wheels on the go :)

i've got a few questions:

first, i'm 18 and will have a years no claims and a years driving in december, i'll also turn 19 then, how much do you reckon i should be paying out for insurance on a 1.0E lupo?

second, what are good coilovers for the lupo? i had some ta technix on my polo and they were just bouncy as ****. thinking of spending more this time for a better ride

and third, the lupo hasn't got power steering which i'm not too bothered about but just been wondering if anyone knows of power steering being fitted to a car and how much it would cost?

i want a 280mm momo team wheel and i'm thinking it would be near impossible to steer at times with a wheel that small and no power steering?!

haha i can imagine a momo and no power steering being fun!!! ha

Coilover wise, i had weitec GT hicons on mine and i cant fault them, i think they go for around the £500 mark. Personally if started from scratch again id just get some £120 jobbies.

Loads of insurance threads flying about, probably not going to read anything you want to hear, id guess around the £1500 mark depending on postcode ect ect

...Welcome cool.gif

really, what brand are the £120 ones?

any idea on power steering being fitted anyone?

£1500 would be ace for insurance. got killed with the polo

with one years no claims, you should be able to insure a 1.0L for under 1k! im coming up to getting my one years no claim, however i have almost 2 years driving, but a lupo sport is around 1k for me to insure. Try Admiral for insure, thats who i use.

ah I'll have a look at admiral.

would quite like to get insurance where I can declare my coilovers and wheels, as I've spent the last year with churchill and you can't have mods 'declared' until you're 25 :'(

I can already see it's waaaay more friendly aha actually getting people answer with helpful comments! :)

hmm not at the moment but maybe one should be started?

ah I'll have a look at admiral.

would quite like to get insurance where I can declare my coilovers and wheels, as I've spent the last year with churchill and you can't have mods 'declared' until you're 25 :'(

I was with Admiral and they wanted £100 odd to add coilovers and could only lower it by 50/60mm,

Brentacre was the same price or maybe slightly cheaper than admiral for the policy, and you can add mods for no extra charge if they dont increase the BHP, Could be worth a try for you.

Edited by bikemad04

Are you running the rebel CP faction?

I may have spat my dummy at the idiots who run the place. They have no sense of humour, it's actually worse than edition.

I may be to blame for the 'general chat' area being removed.

I bet they've even renamed the nazi mod area since they kicked Kam off.

• 3 weeks later...

really, what brand are the £120 ones?

any idea on power steering being fitted anyone?

£1500 would be ace for insurance. got killed with the polo

I have all the power steering parts from a 1.4 if your interested I don't know what you'd need to change on a 1.0 possibly the block that holds the altenator would have t consult vagcat