H3nry's Lupo - Now sold

H3NRY

Hey, i've lurked on here for a while, but now i have my car, so i'm starting this thread.

It's a black 1.0E, paints in bad condition, and has multiple dents all over. my goal is to restore and refine it according to how i think it should look. it's also had a new drivers door at some point.

Plans for the future are: Coilovers/Suspension
Starlites
Replacement of all damaged parts.
GTI/Dark grey interior. (maybe even a re-trim)

For now, it's a case of keeping it clean and tidy, while saving money.

Anyway, here she is after a wash, polish and wax. (never done this before)

photo.jpg

photo-1.jpg

Note the odd mirrors. it came with a drivers stubby, but it's in flat plastic, this needs sorting.

Also, genuine VW mats and a Sharan aerial are on their way.

Cheers, Henry.

Edited by H3NRY

Looks really nice Dude

I like your plans :coffee:

Nice and simple !!!

Look forward to seeing the progress.

Thanks mate! You don't know where i can get hold of a front indicator, but not from VW? judging by what they want for mats and ipod connecters the little light will be upward of 80 quid.

It's off for a service on friday, it's 5000 miles over the recommended limit and has never had a cambelt in 85000 miles. :o

Thanks mate! You don't know where i can get hold of a front indicator, but not from VW? judging by what they want for mats and ipod connecters the little light will be upward of 80 quid.

It's off for a service on friday, it's 5000 miles over the recommended limit and has never had a cambelt in 85000 miles. :o

Think they are about £25 each from VW

They crop up on ebay from time to time so just keep an eye out

I think you will notice a nice difference after the service..... Smooth :)

85,000 on a 54 plate, was expecting lower lol

Yeah high milage, but it's a first car, so we got a bit of money off. Unfortunately we viewed it in a dark barn/warehouse and didn't notice any of the imperfections.

Just means that it'll keep me busy and i wont get bored of it any time soon.

Cheers for the info on the indicators, i'll look into it.

Also, i'm looking at the Wietec Hicon GT coils, just like to know if anybody has had experience with them. i'm not concerned with the amount of drop etc, just want a smooth ride and a bit of the arch filled.

Cleaned all the interior plastics today. Found all the furry mould in my cup holder.

Also tried to fix the drivers 'leccy window. it goes down but it catches on the runner on its way up, so mostly either stops, or rolls back down automatically.

Needs a new mechanism by the looks of things. whoever put the replacement door on did a s**t job of wiring it back up and putting it all in.

Might try and find a cheap ipod cable at the weekend and wire that in.

If im right you can have a single cd changer and that ipod connector, or it may be a different connector. But you cannot have a multichanger with the ipod adaptor. Have a look on here, search for ipod adaptor, there will be some info to help

If im right you can have a single cd changer and that ipod connector, or it may be a different connector. But you cannot have a multichanger with the ipod adaptor. Have a look on here, search for ipod adaptor, there will be some info to help

Searched. Problem solved.

Thanks for the help mate!

looking forward to seeing the finished artical. Just out of curiosity is it the whiteley near fareham your from?

that's the one! technically segensworth though, but theres no difference. are you from round here?

• 2 months later...

Digging up my thread.

No updates really, other than a stubby aerial. I've been enjoying the car for a while and i think that now it's time to do some things to it.

After realising how much a car actually costs my plans have altered. I'm thinking a panel filter or induction kit just to get a nicer sound from the engine (maybe a big mistake and end up sounding like your average halfords racer). some springs to fill up a bit of arch gap, not bothered about being 'low' just 'lower' and probably light smoked windows. Other than that trying to keep it clean and sort a few of the damaged/worn parts.

Being in college and having no money is horrible.

Updates will come slow.

Edited by H3NRY

• 3 months later...

Fitted GTI rear suspension today, seems firmer so cat wait to get the fronts on. Hopefully have some H&R springs to go on too so ill get them before fitting the fronts. Saves getting the geo set up twice.

Next up is fixing a few niggles interior-wise and saving for some 15" alloys. Maybe bathursts or the unknown BBS in the for sale section.

Henry

edit: replaced the cracked dodgy indicator too, thanks to marcusgrant off here.

Edited by H3NRY

Todays 'mods'....haha!

Took some stickers off, like the dealer ones.

Got a new tax disc holder, looks cleaner...

5673390608_0428445d23.jpg

photo-8 by HenryWood, on Flickr

and took off one side strip, dont know wether to take them all off or not, i kinda like how they look, but mine are tatty.

5672821877_ce91b8b094.jpg

photo-7 by HenryWood, on Flickr

More to come tomorrow..maybe.

Taken the rest of the strips off. This months paycheck also allows for some springs and alignment.

i'll be going with the VENOM motorsport own brand springs. theyre cheap and progressively wound so could be good. I'll post a review up when I've driven on them.

Pictures to follow.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Weitec springs arrive on thursday, courtesy of Jabbles21. Need to ring the insurers, book in for alignment and fit them. My birthday's on saturday so pressed plates should arrive then, along with a small cash injection to aid the wheel/coilover fund. Lovely.