Pulling to the left after tracking?!?

incorrectly set up suspension can cause vehicles to pull under acceleration. if its not right it can exagerate the camber of the road and accelerating can exagerate it more. other than that worth checking for binding brakes.

could it be that you have uneven tyre ware from the old tracking etc, and when it has been corrected the tyre's are overiding it?

the garage should of said something if its a tyre issue not saying that it isnt the case.

I had VW do my tracking and they still balls'd it up.. claiming my rear wheel was off camber (?)... they still billed me and didn't fix the problem...

dealers.. really are stealers

As for pulling under acceleration, I've always had it, guess it's down to not having a LSD?

thats a bit **** blackcat. i wont even start a 4 wheel alignment unless the tyres are evenly worn or new. then i point it out to the customer if they arent and advise that adjusting now will be pointless because if the tyres are replaced it will throw it out again.

very good point about pressures. and you can set up a car perfectly central on a 4 wheel aligner and it will end up with the steering off to the right to drive straight due to the camber of the road thats why i generally try to set the steering slightly to the left to try counter act it so the steerings somewhere near on the road.

arent the roads designed with that in mind, in the event of accidents?

They're cambered for water run off primarily.

If the tracking is done right and it's pulling then tyres could be the issue, had this problem on a previous car. Changed track rods, wishbones etc. and it turned out to be the tyres :(

Edited by richie.guy

If you can I would try another set of wheels on the car, or change the tyres,

Mine pulled to the left thought it was from lowering it and they didnt do the alignment properly so had it done twice and still no change, Changed the wheels and its gone so must of been the tyres.

you dont necessarily need a different set of wheels, just swap them side to side. toyota had a problem with cars pulling to the left and first thing we had to do was swap the wheels round something to do with the coincicity of the tyres?? may have just made that word up but it was something along them lines. and swapping them would fix some of the cars.