seat arosa sport problems on the day of buying

b-lupo

took my new car for a test drive seemed fine few little thing wrong with it nothing that cant be done by my self

but as i payed and bout to drive off clutch go's ggrrrrr ( just need tighting up ) the man says

then driving home my girlfriend undoes the electric window and it will not go back up so we have to drive from cambrige to london with the window wide open gggrrr

then as i break to a on coming round about break grind to a stop new brake pads need omg anything else i fort ...yep !!! as we are nearly home the engine light comes on with a warning service inpec on the speedo

i am not happy at all as i had to borrow a lot of money for this car and i payed 1700 for it ..... the garage gave me 3 months warrenty but is it really worth it ??? need some advice please HELP !?!?!?

Google Sales Of Goods Act.

You should if you follow it correctly be able to get the garage to pay for the costs or return the car for a full refund.

...as Scotty says. Goods should be fit for purpose.

I would expect repair or refund, however I feel if things are that bad, you should go for a refund and look elsewhere.

R

He does have a point , if it was an easy job to ensure that it isn't a more serious issue then any garage would have done it asap , then its one less fault to barter on.

But having i explanation like , " it just needs tightening" suggests its probably masking something bigger or the garage is not very professional at all.

The three months warranty is a legal obligation, not a perk of buying from a particular trader. All faults are down to the trader that sold you the car (within reason).

Get in contact with the Trading Standards office that is local to the trader (not your home address if you travelled some distance) for further clarification.

Martin Lewis thread

BBC guide

But double check with Trading Standards, rules and regs change so fast these days, it's hard to keep up.

Edited by IDGM